Guest CrazyLion425

Editor

Guest CrazyLion425

So I have EM3 the US downloaded version from d2d. Along with the mod install problem it didn't come with an editor.

Stan's advice was add ~editor in front of the em3.exe file... that worked to an extent. Well I added that command and from what little I could tell it started to load the editor but before in finished loading it has some error and then gives the ~editor em3.exe needs to close message. I can't tell what it says or what it is or isn't loading because it goes way to fast and closes before I can do anything. any help? :s

Guest CrazyLion425
C:\Program Files\Strategy First\Emergency 3\~editor Em3.exe

Wrong ;)

Ok i changed it to that but its still doesn't work. It still starts to load everything and then gives me the error saying things can't load and then closes. :Oo

Guest CrazyLion425

Here ya go

here is the log file it made when it tryed to open the program.

?BLFileSystem::Open("base:/Fonts/Tahoma 11.xff",BLFM_READ): Could not open

?Font load failed: base:/Fonts/Tahoma 11.xff

?BLFileSystem::Open("base:/Fonts/Tahoma 11 bold.xff",BLFM_READ): Could not open

?Font load failed: base:/Fonts/Tahoma 11 bold.xff

?BLFileSystem::Open("base:/Fonts/Lucida Console 11.xff",BLFM_READ): Could not open

?Font load failed: base:/Fonts/Lucida Console 11.xff

?BLFileSystem::Open("base:UI/Dialogs/video.xml",BLFM_READ): Could not open

?BLFileSystem::Open("base:/UI/Dialogs/particle.xml",BLFM_READ): Could not open

At this point is where the error message comes up.

Disable your antivirus & firewall software and disable all kinds of popup software (instant messagers, pop peeper,...)

IF i read the lofile right, this should fix it, if not resend me the logfile after doing that, maybe something changes

Guest CrazyLion425
Disable your antivirus & firewall software and disable all kinds of popup software (instant messagers, pop peeper,...)

IF i read the lofile right, this should fix it, if not resend me the logfile after doing that, maybe something changes

Ok I did what you said... I disabled my instant messanger, anti virus, and firewall and still its a no go same error message... here is the log file again maybe it will help! thanks!

:6:

There is just something that falls in my eyes

?BLFileSystem::Open("base:/Fonts/Tahoma 11.xff",BLFM_READ): Could not open

?Font load failed: base:/Fonts/Tahoma 11.xff

?BLFileSystem::Open("base:/Fonts/Tahoma 11 bold.xff",BLFM_READ): Could not open

?Font load failed: base:/Fonts/Tahoma 11 bold.xff

?BLFileSystem::Open("base:/Fonts/Lucida Console 11.xff",BLFM_READ): Could not open

?Font load failed: base:/Fonts/Lucida Console 11.xff

?BLFileSystem::Open("base:UI/Dialogs/video.xml",BLFM_READ): Could not open

?BLFileSystem::Open("base:/UI/Dialogs/particle.xml",BLFM_READ): Could not open

Are you sure those files are installed?

base: is /emergenc 3/data

Guest CrazyLion425
There is just something that falls in my eyes

Are you sure those files are installed?

base: is /emergenc 3/data

Yup they are in /emergency 3/data/fonts

this is also in the log file twords the beginning:

?BLFileSystem::Open("C:\Program Files\Strategy First\Emergency 3\Em3.exe - editor.cfg",BLFM_READ): Could not open

I am pretty sure it problem has to do with the d2d website download since that is where i got em3 from and I had the problem with the mod installer too. Sometimes I just wish companies do things not have A$$ed.... I'm going to try and contact strategy first and see if they email me back like they did with the mid installer problem. thanks for you help though. keep it coming if you have any more idea's you will defiantly be faster then the comp. Thanks!

Yup they are in /emergency 3/data/fonts

this is also in the log file twords the beginning:

?BLFileSystem::Open("C:\Program Files\Strategy First\Emergency 3\Em3.exe - editor.cfg",BLFM_READ): Could not open

I am pretty sure it problem has to do with the d2d website download since that is where i got em3 from and I had the problem with the mod installer too. Sometimes I just wish companies do things not have A$$ed.... I'm going to try and contact strategy first and see if they email me back like they did with the mid installer problem. thanks for you help though. keep it coming if you have any more idea's you will defiantly be faster then the comp. Thanks!

Right click on the em3.exe shortcut in start => strategy first and check propertys, where does the link to?

Guest CrazyLion425
Right click on the em3.exe shortcut in start => strategy first and check propertys, where does the link to?

"C:\Program Files\Strategy First\Emergency 3\Em3.exe"