FIREfighterjr

Largo Fire Rescue Submod

Largo mod is back up!

I live in a City named Largo, Largo is not a Volunteer department but a 5 station department. In this mod i plan to make a department. in the city of largo they respond to approximately 22,000 calls a year so i was thing about putting station 38 and station 41.

*Station 38* *Station 41*

Engine 38 2 Rescue 41
Squad 38 1 Engine 41
District 38 1 Truck 41
                 1 District 41

Their will be models shown within a few days!

post-43592-0-12089800-1371518913_thumb.j

post-43592-0-27170500-1371518930_thumb.j

What exactly is going to come out of this? Not trying to be mean but, when you first announce a mod, you need to show some work of what you can do or have done. Otherwise, people are just going to think that you want them to do all the work and you'll just do small textures or something. The mod could have potential and you obviously need help but, we want to see how much you can actually do first. Good Luck by the way!

(this was constructive advice, not meant to be in any way mean or hateful)

I'll tell you what. Since I have learned that "I'm not the best at modding" means "I only know lights and reskins" I have a plan for you.

1. Look at open source mods, such as the LA mod, etc. Start reskinning vehicles in these mods

2. Look at tutorials on this site (we have many) to learn basics, such as modelling, or even adding childs. You'd be surprised what you can do with children.

3. Start adding new units (we have a tutorial for that) and importing things that weren't there before

4. Release a mod, something like what Rockport Mod and the Manhattan mod did.

5. Once you have a released submod on steroids, people will start offering help, as you already have something that exists. This will let you create a REAL mod that looks good.

Moral of the story: You've gotta do some work yourself.

Steve, i don't take that in a bad way. I want to make a mod that's different along with new modeling. obviously as you can tell i am a rookie attempting to start a mod team. I am great at texturing, Mapping and other small stuff. when i want to create this mod i want to pair up with a few other players and not call this mod mine but split the work between a few people and everyone has a part in it...... I have started on re-skins ill post some photos.