Guest emer

in the editor ;) firts load the mod that you wanted and than go to vechiles and than select the car you wanted.than edit light and you can add light.change color,...... :happy:

Guest emer

helplight1.jpg

corona:this is the color of the light that you wanted

flash frequency:that is how fast the light flash going

flash offset:thats how long the flash stay off

corona size:thats how big the flash is

visibility:

here you can choose when the light works.at night or sometimes at night or always

type:

here you can choose what type your light is

standart is a light that always on

headlight is de headlight for the cars

blue light is the light for the lightbars

special light this light are light for a script(commands)

and the rest a dont now of can explain becuase my english is no so good :P

i dont have the choice to edit lights so i cant get that screen up :s

That's because you used the adjust propreties screen. To edit the lights you need to use the edit lights screen (the propreties screen can only be used for minor adjustments).

You need to look for prototype of the vehicle you wish to edit the lights from via the edit --> scene menu (step 1) Once you've found the right model select it and press the edit button (step 2).

You now have a variaty of choises to edit (physics, fire objects etc.), one of them is edit lights (step 3). Push this button and the screen Emer showed you will appear.

2006374715570659083_rs.jpg

greetz,

Thijs

does any one have any good toturials of how to make good emergency lights???

Try looking at the settings of the lights on a model you really like. You can copy them (manually) and use them on a new vehicle. You can also try to improve lights you dislike (faster flashing, lower flashoffset, bigger corona) just play with the settings a bit and see what it does.

greetz,

Thijs

o btw how do you put the lightbars on top of the cars ??

and how do you put the lightbar into a different mod?

You can add a lightbar to a model with Z-modeler. If you have a separete lightbar model you can add it as a child to the vehicle in the modeditor (placing it works the same as placing a new light).

greetz,

Thijs

with zmodeler you have to pay to import files dont you?

ive got it in with the car i just cant add it to the roof of the car

I thought you only needed to pay to be able to export cars, but if importing the file doesn't work you can try the programs open function or if the file isn't a z-modeler fyle type you can use the 'open with...' function (right click on the file you want to open).

And I don't really understand what you mean with that last sentence, maybe you can explain it another way or a bit more elaborate?

Greetz,

Thijs

ive added the light bar to the car (using it as a child) and its just on the floor not on the roof how do you get it up there>?<

You need to hold the ALT button, you can move the light up and down with the mouse.

greetz,

Thijs

yes that works : ] how do you add it to the police folder so i can use it in the game any ideas???

First make sure you edit the vehicle to be a police vehicle (I thought it was the propreties screen, but else you can do it in the edit screen).

For freeplay that's an easy one: place it on the standard freeplay map (load the map with the editor and then place the vehicle somewhere on the map). You need to add commands to the vehicle in order for it to move around (move, cross bridge etc.).

If you want your personnel to be able to ride in the vehicle give it a name and add that name to the entercar script (if you don't know what you exactly need to put in the script use the search function it's been answered here a few times). And off course don't forget to add the getoff command to the vehicle. Placing personnel next to the vehicle on the freeplay is very handy: that way you don't have to call a vehicle to bring officers to the new vehicle.

For in game: you have to copy the prototype file and the model file to the game's police vehicles folder. But to be able to use it in game (I'm assuming you mean having it available in the police vehicles menu) you also need to edit the vehicles.xml file (I believe it's in the specs folder of your game). Just copy the text of the stw and paste it underneath the text. Now change the name of the mod file to the name of the mod file of the car you just made.

I know it's a lot of complicated information to understand at once, but this is the best I can do in general. If there's something specific that doesn't work out just ask.

greetz,

Thijs

ermm 1 last qwestion how do you add the light bars from one mod to another (the lightbars are a completly different mod and i want to put the in another mod)???? ideas ????

Simply place the model in the right folder.

This means you have to copy the model file from the original mod and paste in the the model folder of the mod you want to use it in (for example \Emergency3\Mods\[NAME TARGET MOD]\prototypes\objects\objectchildren).

greetz,

Thijs

Guest SWAT_NUT

Two random question.

1) Wat are polygon lights in the editor.

2) I cant add the vehicals in the game i did the tutorials but i cant find where to code it.

HElp would be appriciated :1046275747_biggthumpup:

2) I cant add the vehicals in the game i did the tutorials but i cant find where to code it.

HElp would be appriciated :1046275747_biggthumpup:

You need to place all parts of the new vehicle into a game folder (Data/protoypes/vehicles would be the most logic one).

Then you need to edit the vehicles.xml file in the Emergency 3/Data/Specs Folder. You need to copy the text of one of the mentioned vehicles (if you made a police vehicle, copy a police vehicle, if you made an ambulance copy an ambulance vehicle, etc.). Now you have to change the prototype path into the path of the prototype you just made.

You can now change some variables (how many spaces inside the vehicle, the cost, which units can travel with it etc.).

If you want to add a photo off the model to the game you need to place the photos in the Emergency 3/Data/UI/Game/vehicleimg folder. You then need to change the portraits.xml file (also in the Emergency 3/Data/Specs Folder) and appoint the photo to the new vehicle.

I hope this clears it up for you, if not just ask. I can't help you with the question about the lights though.

greetz,

Thijs