EldoradoMan

Roller Coaster Tycoon

I'm trying to install Roller Coaster Tycoon on my new Windows 8 PC, but I keep receiving error trapper messages. It use to only appear during gameplay or at the main menu, but now I can't start the game without it popping up. It worked fine on my old Windows Vista PC.

have you tried to run it in a compatbility mode, I don't have windows 8 so I am not sure if they have this.

It did used to have a hard time running in vista and windows 7 as well. Usually as things start to more up to date it is getting harder to run really old programs.

Try the compatibility though.

have you tried to run it in a compatbility mode, I don't have windows 8 so I am not sure if they have this.

It did used to have a hard time running in vista and windows 7 as well. Usually as things start to more up to date it is getting harder to run really old programs.

Try the compatibility though.

Yeah I've tried running compatibility mode several times, but I don't have any luck. The gameplay worked on vista, but the sound was a little messed up. I searched google and youtube for answers and I read that some people have no problems running on windows 8 and others have a lot of problems.

Yea. Windows 8 will practically screw everything. If you're an avid gamer, go back now.

BTW, which one? RT1? You'll need special things for that. RT2 may work. RCT3.... Worked fine on my vista and my 7.

RCT1