Xandarb

Reverse flashing lights?

Reverse flashing lights?

I know that title made no sense, but here's what I want to do:

I'd like to have a light that is ON when there is no emergency and OFF when there is. Emergency lights are the other way around.

Some police vehicles in Honolulu have to have their emergency lights on idle when patrolling. The lights are not flashing when patrolling, they are just on. However, when there is an emergency these "idle lights" turn off and the flashing sequence begins.

How could I do this in Emergency 4?

I am already using the directional lights command for, well, directional lights.

I know my explanation wasn't that good, so here's a video of a real world unit with its idle lights:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_detailpage&v=WONWCub04sQ#t=58s

Thank you!

Xandarb

Edit: Special lights are used in the redirect traffic bar

Edited by Xandarb

What you're referring to appears to be steady burns. As far as I know, these lights are not on ALL the time, however this could be very easily put into the game, assuming you didn't want a traffic director bar or whatever.

Place the steady burns as a floodlight/special light, making them as the lights. Now, you could set up a script so that when you turn on button A, it deactivates any SPECIAL lights, and turns on any BLUE lights. This will then make the lights flash in the ideal pattern. You could then, if you really wanted to see the steadies on at all times, have it so that when you clicked said command again, it's gonna deactivate the BLUE lights and activate the SPECIAL lights.

This provide the insight you're looking for?

What you're referring to appears to be steady burns. As far as I know, these lights are not on ALL the time, however this could be very easily put into the game, assuming you didn't want a traffic director bar or whatever.

Place the steady burns as a floodlight/special light, making them as the lights. Now, you could set up a script so that when you turn on button A, it deactivates any SPECIAL lights, and turns on any BLUE lights. This will then make the lights flash in the ideal pattern. You could then, if you really wanted to see the steadies on at all times, have it so that when you clicked said command again, it's gonna deactivate the BLUE lights and activate the SPECIAL lights.

This provide the insight you're looking for?

Yes, I thought about that but the problem is that I already use the SPECIAL lights in the redirect traffic bar. (It's working nicely right now)

Is there a way to create a new light type or maybe toggle individual lights instead of a whole group?

i think maybe set them as regular lights

Yes, but see then that messes up the emergency lights sequence.

I think there is a way to set those lights as TrafficLightRed for example and turn them on of with a light script.

You could try to download a bluelight script somewhere, declare the lights as traffic light in the editor (when set on your vehicle of course) and then just adjust the script.

Might work ^^

I think there is a way to set those lights as TrafficLightRed for example and turn them on of with a light script.

You could try to download a bluelight script somewhere, declare the lights as traffic light in the editor (when set on your vehicle of course) and then just adjust the script.

Might work ^^

Great idea! Thank you! I will try that!

no problem mate,

it is a great script and works fine, because you made this topic it bring me to the idea to set this on all police vechles in game la mod :) thanks

I just implemented this scrip into my mod and I can confirm that it's working without any problems! Thank you!

I just implemented this scrip into my mod and I can confirm that it's working without any problems! Thank you!

Great to hear man!! it works fine for me now also, ant the alley light script works to, just had to change the Special light script!