Kevin Grace

Newbie question re mods for emergency 4

Hi, I have recently seen the emergency 4 London mod. I have got it but am now confused as to which main game/simulatiuon I need. Emergency 4 -which is german or the English 911 first responders, which do I need? I have also found 911 first responders download at amazon, but it appears to be USA... is this the same as 99 first responders emglish version that is mentioned in various different places? Will Emergency 2012 accept this mod? I want to pay for the program as it is good, I donot want to result to torrents etc.

You want http://www.amazon.com/Atari-40477rst-Responders-911-Download/dp/B0049B2FP4.

That is, indeed, 911: First Responders (which is the same as Emergency 4), but is guarenteed to be in english.

I would bear in mind though that that download has a lot of bad comments about problems... so it is up to you :)

Double posting is againt the forum rules, which you should've read when you registered. Use the edit button instead.

Yes, you can still play the original scenarios when you installed a mod. Just open the game and play. To play a mod, you first have to load it from the mods menu, if you don't load any mod, then you will be playing the standard game.

Just out of interest, how did you get the game so quickly, and where from? Half an hour ago, you didn't have the game...?

Double posting is againt the forum rules, which you should've read when you registered. Use the edit button instead.

Yes, you can still play the original scenarios when you installed a mod. Just open the game and play. To play a mod, you first have to load it from the mods menu, if you don't load any mod, then you will be playing the standard game.

Just out of interest, how did you get the game so quickly, and where from? Half an hour ago, you didn't have the game...?

I called my cousin in Miami here rar'd it and e mail me parts..

I called my cousin in Miami here rar'd it and e mail me parts..

What you did is called software piracy, and is just as illegal as obtaining the game from a torrent.

We will not be able to assist you with a pirated copy of the game.

What you did is called software piracy, and is just as illegal as obtaining the game from a torrent.

We will not be able to assist you with a pirated copy of the game.

Not really as I have sent him the money via Pay Pal... so I have paid for it, niot my fault that its impossible to get it in the UK... Under british law I have paid for it so its not dishonest so its not theft. No difesnt then him buying a boxed set and sending it to me by mail...

Not really as I have sent him the money via Pay Pal... so I have paid for it, niot my fault that its impossible to get it in the UK... Under british law I have paid for it so its not dishonest so its not theft. No difesnt then him buying a boxed set and sending it to me by mail...

Under international Digital Rights laws he has no right to perform resale on a video game in this way. He is making money (Duplicating the game/producing illegal copies you pay for) with a game he does not legally own the rights to. Many market traders RIP DVDs and sell them to unfortunate customers. This, my friend, is the same.

Oh, never mind, sorry. I thought you meant your cousin already had the game and made a copy for you. My bad.

Under international Digital Rights laws he has no right to perform resale on a video game in this way. He is making money (Duplicating the game/producing illegal copies you pay for) with a game he does not legally own the rights to. Many market traders RIP DVDs and sell them to unfortunate customers. This, my friend, is the same.

You know, I'll give him the benefit of doubt on this one. It's kind of a grey area, and it seems to me like he has done this in good faith. Besides, from my understanding, it's not a "resale" as he sent the money to his cousin first, and then his cousin made the purchase with said money. It's kind of like giving your friend some money to go get something from the store for you.

I, for one, think that in this day and age, especially with the availability of several legal downloading platforms, publishers should make sure their games are available worldwide (minus maybe the handful of countries under embargo). Not doing so cuts them from possible markets (and revenue), and encourages people to downright pirate the games by obtaining them from torrents. They should consider themselves so lucky that people like Kevin attempt the closest possible thing to a 100% legal purchase.

Oh, never mind, sorry. I thought you meant your cousin already had the game and made a copy for you. My bad.

You know, I'll give him the benefit of doubt on this one. It's kind of a grey area, and it seems to me like he has done this in good faith. Besides, from my understanding, it's not a "resale" as he sent the money to his cousin first, and then his cousin made the purchase with said money. It's kind of like giving your friend some money to go get something from the store for you.

I, for one, think that in this day and age, especially with the availability of several legal downloading platforms, publishers should make sure their games are available worldwide (minus maybe the handful of countries under embargo). Not doing so cuts them from possible markets (and revenue), and encourages people to downright pirate the games by obtaining them from torrents. They should consider themselves so lucky that people like Kevin attempt the closest possible thing to a 100% legal purchase.

Sorry, i must have misread/not understood also, i thought he meant his cousin duplicated his files (I thought cousin already owns) and then rar'd them. If, what you said went down then i have no objections.

thanks, chaps, I think I wasn't clear reading my previous message... I did indeed send the money, he purchased it and forwarded it to me. i have it on good faith that he has destroyed his copy. I could have used Torrents, but someone has to make a living. I have also been looking on E bay for a second hard copy, so in the end i'll probably buy it twice, its a fantastic Sim,