bmxchamp4

[In Progress] NY Mod MP ToFireStation Script Group Effort

**EDIT**

Ok so I'm no longer interested in knowing my original question, it's not important anymore, what is important to me, is for anyone who may be interested in trying to get the multiplayer ToFireStation script to work for the NY Mod. I know it's possible because I've done it in the past with the LA Mod with a friend. We both have a lot on our plate as of now and can't spend as much time on it as we used to. So maybe the community can get together to all work together? So scroll down if you're interested to find out where I'm at right now with it.

**Old Post**

Hey all, I had a quick question. I've been enjoying the NY Mod with a friend the past few days and decided to edit the multiplayer map a bit to allow for unit housing. Just simple stuff really, and am editing it to enable the use of the To Fire Station script. I've done it with some friends before in our submod of the LA Mod so I know for a fact it can be done. That's not what I'm having issues with though. I don't always have people to help me test the script to make sure it's working properly. Seeing as it's multiplayer, I can't do it on my own. Does anyone know, or figured out if there is an alternative than having to get someone to join your MP session just to test it. I don't have a second computer that I can run the game on so that's out of the question. Any thoughts or ideas?

The problem with having the goto firestation script on MP is that it can't determine which player is controlling the vehicle as you may have two of the same engines and only one garage spot and then it messes up the game and most likely will crash it.

I think you'll have to get a friend or someone willing to get to test it with you, as that's how you will play and it's better to have it done that way.

Yes you are correct, but it's fine because only one player plays as fire. And like I said, I've made the ToFireStation Script work before in the LA Mod. I was able to get a friend on last night to test it with me. The problem I am having now, is the ToFireStation script in the NY mod is slightly different than the LA mod script. This is the order of what happens:

Click return button, the vehicle goes to a VO named fs_fp[number], then once there it finds it's own VO that it normally spawns on in Freeplay, after that it pulls in, on it's personal VO, then has to face a specific direction so it rotates itself to face another VO named fs_vogate[number].

Now, when I click return to station, it goes to the fs_fp VO assigned to it by the script. Once there though the game completely crashes. Not even a script error, it just crashes completely and in the logfile at the end it says:

?Spawnpoint: "firecheck 18" blocked

?Spawnpoint: "firecheck 20" blocked

?Spawnpoint: "firecheck 21" blocked

The problem is, I don't know what those firechecks are. I don't see anything about them in the actual editor so I assume they are not VOs. I'm not exactly sure what to do now to try to get it to work properly. Does anyone have any insight on this? as to what could be going wrong? Maybe Hoppah will know and be able to help?? :laugh: lol

Real simple, the Manhattan Mod, Squad 55 mods and a few others have this script working in MP.

Just find this part and paste this code over it...

object VcmdToFireStation : CommandScript
{
VcmdToFireStation()
{
SetCursor("tofirestation");
SetIcon("tofirestation");
SetGroupID(DummyGroup);
SetGroupLeader(true);
SetRestrictions(RESTRICT_SELFEXECUTE);
}
bool CheckPossible(GameObject *Caller)
{
if (!Caller->IsValid())
return false;
if (!Game::IsFreeplay() && !Game::IsMultiplayer())
return false;

Simples.

Dyson solution works! Verry well! ( You must remove the automatic gates though or eles it dose not work! Only the host units will triger the gates )

To go on what Dyson said and make it a bit simpler

Find this

if (!Game::IsFreeplay())
return false;

Make it look like this

if (!Game::IsFreeplay() && !Game::IsMultiplayer())
return false;

But once again removal of the gates is a must!

I wrote my own script for multiplayer ( Its bug free ), Im not really looking to give it out at the moment though.