FrusteratedPerson

Hosting a server WILL NOT WORK! [Please help] [Emergency 4]

Okay, I am really fed up right now. I have been trying since yesterday to make a server using hamachi (I tried port forwarding, and that didn't work either.) I have tried to tell my friend a bunch of ip's to try to connect with, and none worked. I thought the Hamachi one would work, but no. So, I allowed EM4 in my windows firewall, but that still didn't work. All it ever says for him is "Server not found!". Same with my other friend. But, when one of my other friends hosts a server with hamachi, the exact same way I do it, It works. What am I doing wrong? Here is exactly what i do:

1: Tell my friend to join the hamachi network

2: load up emergency 4, go to host server, put the name, set it to 2 players, then hit Okay.

3: My friend goes to direct ip

4: Enters my hamachi Ip

5: IT DOESN'T WORK

But, when my one friend does exactly that, it works.

Any ideas?

i have the same problem too. I downloaded 911: First Responders from atari.com. The game plays fine, I cannot install any other mods because when I try to run ModInstaller.exe I receive an error that 911:First Responders is not properly installed. Please Reinstall. can anyone plz help

:WTF: First, this post has nothing to do with mod installer. Second, I saw you posted this exact repsonse already on the forum post that has the solution.

http://forum.emergen...aller registry Go back to the link and actually read through the first page and you will find your answer.

Okay, I am really fed up right now. I have been trying since yesterday to make a server using hamachi (I tried port forwarding, and that didn't work either.) I have tried to tell my friend a bunch of ip's to try to connect with, and none worked. I thought the Hamachi one would work, but no. So, I allowed EM4 in my windows firewall, but that still didn't work. All it ever says for him is "Server not found!". Same with my other friend. But, when one of my other friends hosts a server with hamachi, the exact same way I do it, It works. What am I doing wrong? Here is exactly what i do:

1: Tell my friend to join the hamachi network

2: load up emergency 4, go to host server, put the name, set it to 2 players, then hit Okay.

3: My friend goes to direct ip

4: Enters my hamachi Ip

5: IT DOESN'T WORK

But, when my one friend does exactly that, it works.

Any ideas?

It's possible that the EM4 servers are down, they have been quite a lot recently. If i'm honest i'd try to portforward it makes life a hell of a lot easier and as long as you have done it right it WILL work.