heyjoojoo

I noticed what happened now, seems that guns become invisible when I change skins...

Okay, so I wanted to make one of my personell carry an MP5 instead of just the handgun. So, when I go into Editor and add the commands (PmcdMP5, etc..), it worked very well - exactly the way I wanted it to (just like the FBI Tactical.). But when I changed the skin, the MP5 suddenly became invisible. Why does the skin change cause the person's mp5 gun to become invisible?

Hey Heyjoojoo!

The problem, I believe, is that you have yourself a corrupted DDS file! Now, I guess you're using DXTbmp with Photoshop, as in you're opening your DDS up in DXTbmp, sending to editor, editing in Photoshop, and then reloading your new edit in to DXTbmp?

1. Download Paint.NET and install it.

2. Download a .PSD plugin for Paint.NET. http://psdplugin.codeplex.com/

2. Edit your skins normally by sending them through DXTbmp to Photoshop. (DON'T CLOSE PHOTOSHOP :))

3. Reload the skin back in to DXTbmp when finished and save it.

4. Save a .PSD version of your re-skin after you've saved the DDS from DXTbmp, hence not closing Photoshop at an earlier stage.

5. Open up the .PSD version in Paint.NET.

6. Go to File, Save As, select the .DDS format, and then save with the name of whatever your original .DDS file was called.

Best Regards,

Rlast.

P.S. If you're not using Photoshop, I can imagine you can open up the DDS in GIMP or whatever, then just do the same thing; save the file, open it up in Paint.NET, and re-save as a DDS with the same texture name.

Hey Heyjoojoo!

The problem, I believe, is that you have yourself a corrupted DDS file! Now, I guess you're using DXTbmp with Photoshop, as in you're opening your DDS up in DXTbmp, sending to editor, editing in Photoshop, and then reloading your new edit in to DXTbmp?

1. Download Paint.NET and install it.

2. Download a .PSD plugin for Paint.NET. http://psdplugin.codeplex.com/

2. Edit your skins normally by sending them through DXTbmp to Photoshop. (DON'T CLOSE PHOTOSHOP :))

3. Reload the skin back in to DXTbmp when finished and save it.

4. Save a .PSD version of your re-skin after you've saved the DDS from DXTbmp, hence not closing Photoshop at an earlier stage.

5. Open up the .PSD version in Paint.NET.

6. Go to File, Save As, select the .DDS format, and then save with the name of whatever your original .DDS file was called.

Best Regards,

Rlast.

P.S. If you're not using Photoshop, I can imagine you can open up the DDS in GIMP or whatever, then just do the same thing; save the file, open it up in Paint.NET, and re-save as a DDS with the same texture name.

I'm not familiar with DXTbmp. But I do have a DDS plugin (Nividia) that I'm using to open DDS files in Photoshop CS6. Is this Nvidia DDSPlugin the same as DXTbmp?

No sir, it's not the same programme! But I can inform you that that exact Nvidia plugin for Photoshop is what corrupts my files, or at least doesn't work with them properly; I tend to stay away from directly saving DDS files straight from photoshop, and rather save it as a PSD, open it up in Paint.NET, and export it as a DDS. Basically, open up your DDS in Photoshop, edit it, save it as a .psd, open Paint.NET, load the PSD, save as .DDS with the same name as the file you want to replace.

Regards,

Rlast.

Any further information you need just ask!

DXTbmp = http://www.softpedia.com/get/Multimedia/Graphic/Graphic-Editors/DXTBmp.shtml

No sir, it's not the same programme! But I can inform you that that exact Nvidia plugin for Photoshop is what corrupts my files, or at least doesn't work with them properly; I tend to stay away from directly saving DDS files straight from photoshop, and rather save it as a PSD, open it up in Paint.NET, and export it as a DDS. Basically, open up your DDS in Photoshop, edit it, save it as a .psd, open Paint.NET, load the PSD, save as .DDS with the same name as the file you want to replace.

Regards,

Rlast.

DXTbmp = http://www.softpedia...rs/DXTBmp.shtml

Regards,

Rlast.

DXTbmp = http://www.softpedia...rs/DXTBmp.shtml

Ooooh. Thank you so much. I have had issues with dds and png files from photoshop using the Nvidia DDS plugin. I will save them as PSD from now on and finish them up in Paint.NET.

Incidentally, if I was trying to simply add an mp5 gun to another person like the secret service agent, do I need to do any script editing? (LA Mod)

Hmm, I'm not really very good on the specifics of the Emergency 4 mod process, as I use Photoshop to texture on numerous games. However, perhaps there is some sort of XML file that you could edit. For example, I know to add equipment to vehicles, there is an XML file you go to, find the name of your vehicle, and under equipment (or something), you paste the name of your equipment model. I'd guess that there may be something like this for personnel, instructing the game what equipment they can pick up, and use, or carry; not entirely sure though.

Regards,

Rlast.

Okay, so I wanted to make one of my personell carry an MP5 instead of just the handgun. So, when I go into Editor and add the commands (PmcdMP5, etc..), it worked very well - exactly the way I wanted it to (just like the FBI Tactical.). But when I changed the skin, the MP5 suddenly became invisible. Why does the skin change cause the person's mp5 gun to become invisible?

just try clicking on Alphareflections on the person, that worked for me :)

Incidentally, if I was trying to simply add an mp5 gun to another person like the secret service agent, do I need to do any script editing? (LA Mod)

I can confirm that you will need to do some script editing but it isn't too bad. Just load up the LAMP5.script file and figure it out from there. If you want to add a vehicle for them to retrieve the gun from you will need to add a couple lines for that. In order to add people the only 2 sections I found that needed to be added to were under object the section titled "DummyMP5 : CommandScript"

Hope this helps

just try clicking on Alphareflections on the person, that worked for me :)

OMG, that's what did the magic! That worked - solved the problem. But there seems to be a caveat with adding 'alphareflections' .My person now looks very metallic or shiny - like he's a polished robot or something. Is this the result of using PNG or JPG texture files?

Yup, using a PNG file format will almost certainly make it work, however, you lose two things;

1. You can't use alpha and transparency that well, or at all I believe, with PNG file formats.

2. Your textures may be VERY slightly reduced in quality compared to what a .DDS file can offer.

A good fix though, I know NNICO uses the PNG formats for his maps :happy: