stevenew95

Adding lightbars

There are couple concepts that one needs to understand when trying to "add" components onto other models. You can't just drag and drop the new models into the models folder. You have to also go into the Editor and create the files there. There is a process to this but maybe someone can list those steps. After that is done, then you go into editting/adding the new model (lightbar) onto the vehicle from within the Editor. But there are basically three seperate things to do:

• Put new models into models folder.
  • Open Editor, create/import the new models into the Editor.
  • From within Editor, place the new models onto the model - positioning it where it should be.

I go to objectchildren under objects and hit new - then I take the likebar model and select, rename the prototype Vector or whatever - Then I hit okay, go to the cruiser I wanna put it on - hit edit childs - then Edit Children and go to objectchildren and select it.

Things you need:

-a cruiser model w/ an exsisting lightbar. I suggest putting a police skin on one of the civil crown vics if you're using LA mod. And putting the Lightbar on that.

-Lightbars, a ton just flooded into the download section

to change a model in a prototype, hit edit on the selected prototype and go to the bottom of the menu and select browse next to the model list and you can go through that menu to select a model. (to go back up a folder, hit the 3 dots at the top of the menu on the right side)