njboy13

KONY 2012

If you haven't already seen this video, you really should watch it. I'm usually not into the kinda stuff this video is doing, but after watching this, I actually feel like I want to do something about/with it.

Watch it, and share it with everybody you know.

Also, just to show you how much this video has been spread in the three days it's been online: When I watched this video last night, it had a little over 300,000 views. As of now, it has 9,925,483 views.

To tell you the truth, I support this but unless Uganda lets the US go in there, it wouldn't be a good thing to just take the guy out. The US isn't an assassin doing the bidding of it's people...well it's not supposed to be but going in without consent of Ugandan officials would be very bad for the US and would hurt their reputation more. My opinion, don't scream at me for it.

To tell you the truth, I support this but unless Uganda lets the US go in there, it wouldn't be a good thing to just take the guy out. The US isn't an assassin doing the bidding of it's people...well it's not supposed to be but going in without consent of Ugandan officials would be very bad for the US and would hurt their reputation more. My opinion, don't scream at me for it.

Your opinion, however, is wrong. The US military has armed advisers in Uganda with the consent of the Ugandan government.

The video: TL;DW

I knew about Kony and his whole little 'army' founded by his *cough* "religious beliefs" (which in no circumstances can be substantiated by any religion, as ALL expressly forbid hurting/killing others, aside from the Church of Satan) years ago. The fact is, it will always be this way in Africa, whether with or without Kony. Getting Kony (or any warlord for that matter) doesn't do a whole lot of good anyway - there's ALWAYS someone willing to step up to the plate and take the reigns. The only way to help Africa is not through simple military assistance and public awareness, both of which do nothing to help the problem. The only solution is to stabilize all of Africa, and take its current situation upside down - Africa has all the potential to be the breadbasket of the world (more than just feed itself, it is arable and fertile enough to feed the ENTIRE planet; all it takes are rational governments in Africa (ignoring the obvious oxymoron there) that will at least not be a dictatorship).

The world has no place for religious bigots nor those who would impede with the natural progress of humanity. Why are we still so primitive? Think of it this way: The Roman Catholic church in Europe forbade essentially everything not related to Christianity and god-fearing for almost a thousand year period, while regions such as the Ottoman Empire, the Mayans, and the Chinese made massive strides in technological and scientific achievement. When the influence of the Christian church finally subsided, Europe made the advances. China stagnated because after several massive expeditions around the world in the 1400s, they decided that since they found nothing but friendly people who gave them massive riches as gifts, they would not need the advancement any more, as they would not need to conquer anymore - thus turning into the isolationists they are known for. The Ottomans stagnated because Islam took greater hold at about the same time - scholars interpreted the knowledge gathering advocated in the Quran as religious thought, as thus forbade essentially everything else. The Mayans, as we all know, were destroyed (for, in part, religious reasons) by the Spaniards, even though they were probably still the most advanced society at the time. Point is, 'morality' is a myth, pure and simple. It won't do anything but try, and fail, to relive the past.

Besides, Invisible Children has questionable ethics and the like when it comes to what they REALLY support in the end (such as the almost 3% of their overall profits that go directly into the coffers of its leaders).

I say fund the UN, It's not really the US' position to get involved, but I do agree with the 100 advisers and even if they go into combat, that's alright. But The idea of peace and getting back into domestic should take our first priority. Not send over platoons and brigades to find him. Uganda should take that on themselves, maybe set up a second police force along with the army or something, I would fund that.

There we go. The UN needs a LOT more power; it's completely useless as it is now. It can do nothing against any kratocracies present today, other then send them 'Aid' that, inevitably, will not go to where it's needed because the peace keepers do nothing but save their own asses, and so no one can enforce certain distribution. All that follows for 'le bad leader' is a slap on the wrist and a condemnation, which does nothing but make then giddy with a sense of invincibility. I'll say it again: Spreading awareness does NOTHING to help a cause if you treat the symptoms and not the origin.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7DO73Ese25Y&feature=related