scubidooo

Fictional LA County Mod

Hey folks,

i thought about creating a small submod with Hoppas amazing LA Mod,

but i still have a problem as far as i´m not able to create a suitable Map texture.....

So is ther somebody who could create me a texture for a small American city in the middle Westen?

Please contact me!

Greetz

Scubidooo

Map textures are relatively hard to come by. You may want to check the german emergency forum, they have a pretty large numbe of textures available, they're European but could be converted. You may want to check to see if you can get one of the LA mission maps from someone. I hope that helps.

Thanks for your response ^^

Actually I already did that (both) and I found no texture really fitting my idea of a small town.

And the maps from the original mod are to small as far as I can tell. Last chance would be using the LA Map but this is quite a big town....

Do you have an other idea?

Greetz

I might have an idea but I'll have to check later tonight to see if it would work...

Winterberg's map texture from version 7 would work pretty well too, but you'd have to see if you could get it from their team. They do seem pretty nice so you may be able to get it. I also have a copy of the RTS map i've been "Americanizing" for a while, but I don't think it would suit what you're looking for. The big problem are the road styles on the maps since they all reflect European styles.

Here's what it currently looks like:

I still probably have another week of work to do since i need to finish the highway, lower roads, add passing areas, refine the road shapes, and add some spots to this map that are on the one currently in the mod. All the roads have double yellow lines.