helljumper51

Hose Connections On Aerials

Its my belief that hose connections will not work with ladder trucks. The original game was designed with ladders that didnt have pumps/water storage on them, so without scripting it is impossible.

Hi Dyson,

I also tried doing this with the LA mod ladder truck by doing the following:

- Added the 4 connections to the ladder truck with the editor and named them pump1 to 4,

- Added the following the the 'attachfirehose' script in the appropriate places:

const char PROTO_LADDER[] = "mod:Prototypes/Vehicles/02 LA Fire Department/aerial_ladder.e4p";

const char OBJ_LADDER_CONN[] = "mod:Prototypes/Vehicles/06 Objects/fire_engine_hose_connections.e4p";

|| StrCompare(v.GetPrototypeFileName(), PROTO_ENGINE02) == 0

else if (StrCompare(v.GetPrototypeFileName(), PROTO_LADDER) == 0)

Vehicle o = Game::CreateVehicle(OBJ_LADDER_CONN, NAME_CONNECTORS);

- Added the following to the 'LARapidDeployment' script in the appropriate places:

const char PROTO_LADDER[] = "mod:Prototypes/Vehicles/02 LA Fire Department/aerial_ladder.e4p";

|| StrCompare(v.GetPrototypeFileName(), PROTO_LADDER) == 0

- Added the rapid deployment script to the Ladder truck with the editor.

Unfortunately it didn’t quite work. I can attach the four hoses via the rapid deployment command or manually by equipping the fire fighters with a hose and using the attach hose icon. I can also de-connect the hose with the rapid deployment command or manually. However once I have disconnected the hose the hose connections disappear from the ladder truck and I can't reconnect the hose manually or with the rapid deployment command.

Any ideas what I'm doing wrong?

Cheers,

Dan.

You need to add the ladder proto to this list of connectable rigs in the 'attatchhose' script. I added several engines, a ladder and a satellite to the list and they all worked. Also you need to make sure you connections are named 'pump1' to 4

Hi Dyson,

I also tried doing this with the LA mod ladder truck by doing the following:

- Added the 4 connections to the ladder truck with the editor and named them pump1 to 4,

- Added the following the the 'attachfirehose' script in the appropriate places:

const char OBJ_LADDER_CONN[] = "mod:Prototypes/Vehicles/06 Objects/fire_engine_hose_connections.e4p";

|| StrCompare(v.GetPrototypeFileName(), PROTO_ENGINE02) == 0

else if (StrCompare(v.GetPrototypeFileName(), PROTO_LADDER) == 0)

Vehicle o = Game::CreateVehicle(OBJ_LADDER_CONN, NAME_CONNECTORS);

- Added the following to the 'LARapidDeployment' script in the appropriate places:

|| StrCompare(v.GetPrototypeFileName(), PROTO_LADDER) == 0

- Added the rapid deployment script to the Ladder truck with the editor.

Unfortunately it didn’t quite work. I can attach the four hoses via the rapid deployment command or manually by equipping the fire fighters with a hose and using the attach hose icon. I can also de-connect the hose with the rapid deployment command or manually. However once I have disconnected the hose the hose connections disappear from the ladder truck and I can't reconnect the hose manually or with the rapid deployment command.

Any ideas what I'm doing wrong?

Cheers,

Dan.

You may have to set it up as hose placements like the USFS trucks, they are set up slightly differently, I dunno, weird you did most things I would have so.. hmm