LeeMan1

How can I create a freeplay event?

hey there!

first up, freeplay events always happen randomly!

fires for example don't need any special object names in the editor.

same thing for medical calls. as long as you got some civil persons on the map you'll receive ems calls.

car accidents...

crashed cars:

- place some car wrecks (like 2 or 3 cars that are involved); these can be found under scene/objects/wrecks

- select one of the cars and klick on properties in the taskbar

- type in "ccar_1" as object name

- klick "ok" to save those changes

- select another car

- open properties again and type in "ccard_1" or "ccar_1" (again)

- repeat this for every other car

debris:

- place some debris round the crash scene/cars like glass; can be found under scene/objects/debris

(- if you wanna place skidmarks don't be surprised that you can't see them! just hold down ALT button and move mouse up (forward) until it appears)

- select one debris object

- open properties from the taskbar again

- type in "ccard_1" as object name

- repeat this for every debris object

patients:

- place some civil persons that will be the "victims"

- select one civilian

- open properties from the taskbar

- type in "ccarp_1" as object name; if you got more than one injured person type in "ccarp_1_a" for this first one

- repeat this for every other person involved whereby your next object names would be "ccarp_1_b", "ccarp_1_c", etc..

- (still in properties window) you can change the persons animation in the menu below the line object name

- select for example"layingwounded" to make the person lay on the ground

- (still in properties window) select "edit traits"

- here you can change the health status of the person, just lower the this value

- confirm your selections by klicking "ok" again

placing an injured person inside a vehicle:

- actually place the injured person somewhere near the crashed vehicle (this is where the patient will lay once rescued from fire fighters)

- select the vehicle and open properties

- select "edit traits"

- select "person enclosed"; here you can edit which person should be in the car

- also check if the boxes for "transportable with ASF" and "sliceable" are selected; if not, do so

- confirm your selections

- repeat for every other vehicle with a person enclosed

basic rules:

ccar_x; ccard_x; ccarp_x_y generally stands for:

c... = crashed

...car... = car (of course)

...d... = debris

...p... = patient

_x = number of car accident on the map (needs to be the same for all object on one scene!); accident one = _1, accident two = _2

_y = letters from a to z for every patient of one car accident; patient one of accident one = ccarp_1_a, patient two of accident one = ccarp_1_b

demonstration...

- select a building in front of which the demonstration should take place

- change the object name to "demotarget_x" (rules for the value of x -> see car accident)

- confirm your changes

- create a virtual object on front of the building and name it "demoarea_x"

bomb...

- place an object that should be the bomb (for example the bomb model from scene/objects)

- select the object

- change the object name to "bomb"

- confirm your changes

gas explosion...

- place the gas explosion object; can be found under scene/objects/misc/GASEXPLOSION

- select the object

- change the object name to "gasexplosion"

- confirm your changes

that's it for now!!

hope you can use all this ;)

greetz

One question....How do you add medical events like Heart Attack, Fallen Person, etc. Also how do I add them in to buildings or on a floor of a building so that a ladder has to get to the person?

these events are generated randomly, which means you can't control where they happen, just how often.

you put people inside buildings by removing the ceilings from open houses in the editor (taskbar-> hide/show roof) and just place them in there. if they are effected by certain events can not be controlled without script-related work.

I would also like to know how to add fires

same thing as for the medical events. they just "happen", besides that you can make certain objects burn with a script of course.

but as soon as you place objects that can burn on the map (houses, trees, etc.) a fire will randomly appear.

the fire-frequency can be edited in the fp_params files too!

greetz

Question for you kind sir, My CCAR_(#) just appears at the start of game? what am i doing wrong? do I need to select something special? my CCARD and CCARP are hidden of course but the main vehicle doesnt show? anyone have an idea how to make it the trigger vehicle but not appear at start of game so it actually is a triggered event!

Sometimes that happens with certain prototypes, it seems. Try switching it out for another vehicle, and if that fails, double check names and properties of all the objects.

Is there a section in the freeplay params that you need to enable the new FP event? because iv created 3 new MVI's and I haven't played any them yet!