lacofd_FF51

am i the only one?

I do agree with you. You shouldn't joke about stuff that is that personal.

I don't personally knew anyone "involved" in the 911 attack, but I've known people that have been killed in school-shootings here in Finland. My point is: something that includes innocent people getting killed or hurt, you simply don't joke about.

To put in perspective, you don't tell someone that has lost his love, parent or child in a car-crash jokes about drunk drivers. You simply don't. Something called common sense tells us normal people this.

You have a point that it offends some people, and ones who have lost someone in an event, yes I agree it is not in the best taste to make jokes about it. But then there are many other people in the world that were not directly affected by this, and makes jokes to make light of the incident.

Laughter helps alleviate stress, among many other things. A smile actually improves your mood. Your body can't tell between a fake and a real smile, therefore you get the same neurotransmitter boost.

I understand you're offended by the joke, but you need to remember, that this is the internet, and most people don't care about how you feel, as they'll never interact with you. In fact, 99% of the stuff posted like that is not meant as offensive, and you need to take it with a grain of salt. That being said, you can also just not view the page.

Sure you're offended by the image, and the joke, and I understand that, but you need to understand the poster doesn't care whether or not someone gets offended by their joke. The internet is full of offensive things, but that's just how it rolls. If you've got a problem with something you say, take it up with that person, or let it die. I personally try not to get offended by anything unless it is a direct attack on me, then I may actually respond, but usually, I don't care enough to do anything, as it is ridiculous to argue on the internet, that you're offended, as every joke in the world will offend someone, some how.

I agree with Newfoundking.. I admittedly, used 9/11 for a bit of comedy material. But since I received quite a bit of criticism, with my recent material I have dropped. I have a rather sick humor but also a Clean humor as well... I vary myself to make it interesting, I can understand how people can get offended but at the end of the day, its a joke right? If people aren't directly affected I tell them to grow up, but if they had a relation involved.. then I understand.. I was going to make a joke there.. But I'll let it slide :) But I totally understand