pyrofreak

How Do You Make One Unit Spawn With Different Styles

I do apologize for the crappy title but I wasn't sure how I should explain my dilemma.

If anyone has played the New York Modification by Mikey than they will know what I am talking about. If you were too call duplicate units each unit would have a different skin.

I want to do something similar with my mod. Right now I am working on a New Castle mod based off units in New Castle County (my home state of Delaware). We have a lot of local police units, each with their own skins, and some counties with multiple skins. If I was too call a sheriff twice I want both cars to have a different skin (not the same skin like in the LA mod).

I hope everyone understands what I am trying to explain. I've tried to re frame from being redundant, but I wanted to be as clear and precise as I could.

It works on a trigger that when a model of a certain type passes through, it checks what's on the map, and then spawns from a list. When it returns to exit through that point, it drives through the trigger again, and becomes the original vehicle, so the unit count is right

I appreciate you explaining how his code works. However, I was hoping he would share his secret, or at best I was hoping someone else knew how to do something similar. I'm not good at finding these types of things within the script. I can "mess around" with different parts, and learn that way. Other than that I'm not that good. I mean, as it stands I'm still learning how to reskin, and use zmod to it's full potential.