heyjoojoo

Helicopter won't take off... (Video added)

I swapped in a new model and rotor of a new helicopter to replace the one in this mod with one representing the one in my area (Calstar). For some reason, I can callout the helicopter but as soon as I have it land, I can't return it to the air. It seems to want to start up as if it doesn't have enough fuel or something. The primary rotor starts and spins slowly but then stops. The engine sounds and then shuts off. I've tried returning it to the hospital, off map or just some other location on the map. The helicopter just sits there on the ground.

Do I need to edit something else? Is there a setting that I'm forgetting?

Kareem

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oBa416xODZo

Did you put in ample fuel before attempting take-off. Is your pilot sober?

Seriously though, what changes have you made other than the model.. Sounds like an error in a script.. Explain the changes you've made, and I'll see what it is hopefully

Lol. I kind of expected I would get a response like that.

Hmmm...

First thing I did was download a medical helicopter from another EM4 site (http://www.emergency-forum.de). I simply changed the names of the three files: Christoph_Europa_Suben.v3o; Christoph_Europa_Suben.png; Christoph_Europa_Suben_rotor.v3o. I changed them to the LA Mod name of "helicopter_rescue". I placed them in the correct folders. I used the Editor to place the rotor on the body of the helicopter. I also edited the lights which was easy. Then I edited the commands and traits. Maybe a mistake in the commands? vcmdtohospital, gohome, emptycar, moveto, flyto, and flytolanding. Or maybe in the traits?

Check to make sure it is a helicopter in the traits. And if that doesn't look out of whack, then load the game, open a mission or freeplay (preferably the latter) and then send a helicopter, land it and try to get it to take off, let it do it's failure, and then close and upload the logfile

Check to make sure it is a helicopter in the traits. And if that doesn't look out of whack, then load the game, open a mission or freeplay (preferably the latter) and then send a helicopter, land it and try to get it to take off, let it do it's failure, and then close and upload the logfile

Strange thing is that it doesn't give me an error or anything like that. It just acts like either a drunk pilot or that there isn't enough fuel or something like that. The errorlog is attached...

Where would I ensure that it is considered a 'helicopter'?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oBa416xODZo

Heres the video of the problem occurring.

logfile.txt