alexanderbrown52

Undercover Officers and Machine Guns

I am trying to adjust my version of LA Mod v2.1 so that the LAPD officers can pick up the M4A1 (I think that's what there called). Using the Em4 Editor, I have figured out how to enable them to pick up the gun. However, I wan't to make it so that the LAPD patrol cars and other vehicles carry that weapon instead of only the Humvee and Blackhawk.

Any help would be much appreciated, thanks.

Also I would like to make a undercover LAPD officer, using one of the civilian models. How to I do this?

Thanks

The M4A1 is a scripted weapon, you need to edit that script. An LAPD officer with a civilian model can be done quite simply. Clone a civil model, and give it a police setting, police commands, and bang. The only problem is, the game still sees him the same as if he had on a big blue shirt saying I'M THE POLICE B*TCHES

It would be really awesome if something like this was built into the mod. For example, you could have police dressed in plain clothes, they could have a command (similar to the 'get traffic vest' command) that makes them put on a police jacket. Like seen here:

http://latimesblogs.latimes.com/.a/6a00d8341c630a53ef0120a8b40055970b-800wi

Although it would not really add any gameplay enhancements, it would be relatively easy to do and it would be awesome.

Also, what about making the police officers have the ability to use the M1A1 in the mod? Because in LA some police patrol cars do have m16s.