surferman

Modding Team, I need help for Cal Fire

Hey man, i got a suggestion for you, but first allow me to introduce myself...

Although, before I start off with my autobiography, I couldn't help but notice your new fresh membership of this community. Your executive choice of choosing the opportunity to become part of the community is admirable, and exemplary. Welcome. This is the place where ideas progress into creations. Creativity is alive among of the others. This community provides escapism, And I found that when I built my own place and just shut the door, the creativity was endless. Truth to be told, i am not an artist, nor a pro to any 3d editing programs, such as 3d max. I'm alright with CS5, I'm still self-teaching to get a better taste of it, progress takes time.

I have discovered this game almost two years ago, and i got hooked to it ever-since. I decided to tackle and challenge myself, to question if i got what it takes, to bring something new to show my appreciation to the community, by giving back what they like. I got inspired to try light editing in the editor, and became a master of it. Needless to say, it's a difficult task to endure, good knowledge in mathematics is important to decipher new patterns and to figure out the algorithm. It's all numbers, and that's the only thing you'll be seeing on each every attempt. Fortunately, i was able to launch an successful sub-modification called Project Reality Lights ( later changed to LEDesigns.) despite the numerous failed attempts, and It took awhile too. Remember that the essential aspect of creativity is not being afraid to fail. Most successful modders have not achieved their distinction by having some new talent or opportunity presented to them. They have developed the opportunity that was at hand. So because of my 2 years long self-teaching, i was finally able to utilize skills for the right cause, and became part of the Royal Canadian Mounted Police Modification. The greatest decision i have ever made so far in my gaming league.

So what is the formula to create a successful modification? It's simple, really. All you have to do is double your rate of failure. Failure is not the enemy of success, but to you can learn from it, so go ahead and make mistakes. Make all you can. Because remember that's where you will find success.

You can start off by reading some of the tutorials which have made for folks like yourself, to assist you through the trial of errors. Determination and using your asseveration skill is the utmost importance to find your answers.

1.) - http://forum.emergency-planet.com/index.php?/forum/16-en-modding-mod-help/

2.) - http://forum.emergen...nning-vehicles/

3.) - http://forum.emergen...?/forum/70-faq/

Good luck, really. You will not get any drastic help by making this thread. You're on your own, man. Time for you to learn the ropes.

If you need any help, I am great with lights. I just recently downloaded a simple sound editor, so I can do some sound too. Im able to mess with sirens and any sounds. I only have a little bit of experience of reskinning though. But if you need any help, I can defiantly help with lighting. Whether it be on the map, buildings, or vehicles.

Edited by marshall8946