Razorioum

EM4 gives a black screen and crashes, at launch.

Hi there.

Whenever I doubleclick my EM4 icon, or my LA Mod icon, it loads a window, with a black screen, but crashes instantly.

Logfile from em4:

http://dinmobil.net/logfile.txt

DxDiag file:

http://dinmobil.net/DxDiag.txt

- I just updated my graphic drivers to the very latest version - please notice that I have NOT rebooted my computer..

Any help?

For your information, it's a fresh installation. Installed em4 about 20 minutes ago, installed LA mod to it, 19 minutes ago.

Nothing works.

First, reboot your computer. That is the first thing you should always do. Second, Try messing around with your screen resolution. This seems to be the most common way to resolve this issue. I keep mine at a high resolution and it launches fine. 1280X768 is mine right now and it'll start right up.

Rebooted it..

Tried at 1920x1080 reso..

at 800x600 reso..

1024xsomething reso

still nothing..

Tried deactivating the visual themes on windows 7 on game startup

nothing

Runs in administrator mode, with compitability of windows xp service pack 3, still nothing

just updated to latest graphic driver once again (new update today), nothing.

just reinstalled the game.. nothing..

?VVideoTexture::InitTextureRenderer(): could not find output pin [80040216]

I'm guessing you have codec packs installed, they may be causing this issue... Or your game is corrupt, those are my guesses.

Mine will do this once ever blue moon, I just have to change the screen resolution from 1280X768 to 1280X720 and vice vesra. It has to be a resolution issue because the game is attempting to load but doesn't want to because of your screen. It could also be the monitor you are using, I can only use an old tube monitor to play.