Newfoundking

Status Updates

Pretty simple, we have a support forum, and a status update, which are not interchangable by any means.

Why?

Support forum allows for users to post clear and concise problems, as well as have them answered quickly, and then locked and stored in that forum forever, so that if someone has that same problem, they can find it quickly, and the problem can be resolved without another page of posts.

Why can't status updates do this?

Aside from the fact most people don't even read those, they are very limited. You can only paste plain text, no attachments, no pictures, just plain text, and the worst thing is that if this gets resolved, it'll die quickly, and no one will be able to find the resolution should they need it.

What will happen if I ask for support in my status update?

First time, it'll just get locked, maybe deleted. Now if you do repost the same update, we can just put a temporary ban on your account. Repeated use will just result in deletion of statuses, or possibly even loss of access to status updates.

We want to help people, but by making support happen in status update, it not only greatly reduces your chance of getting actual help, but it also completely eliminates almost any chance of other people receivng help from that request, which is the whole point of a community.

Feel free to ask any questions

What about advertising? Like other safe and appropriate sites? :gruebel:

you meaning using status updates for making ad for your site. i -> think <- they just allow it as long as you don't miss use it like puthing like to survey, phising or virus sites.

might be wrong.

Advertising other clan sites is okay, under a few conditions. You may not spam your ads, doing so will have them all removed and discipline taken on you, as well as a ban put on advertising that site(s). You may also not advertise ANYTHING that requires you to pay. If you're making money off of the site, then talk to Stan, he'll set something up where you can advertise for a fee. Don't expect to get free advertising for something that makes you money.

I have a question, I am currently developing a forum for a mod on this and when we reach a release stage am i allowed to announce it in the status? I dont mean like 5 or 6 times i just mean like "The ----- team have developed our own forum come pay us a visit"