chrisblaalid

Norway Mod (RELEASED)

I have been getting a few mails lately telling me that some people are not able to download the mod from http://norwaymod.oscss.eu.

As I can see here on the forums, some people also have these problems. I have gone through dozens of logfiles on the download server, and I have talked to the Host's support team about this issue.

The results are that the server and the download section are 100% working correctly. There is no fault from the server or the host, or the mod file. The md5 checksums are still intact, so nothing has been tampered with.

Now I can only think of 2 solutions left.

1st - please take a look at : http://norwaymod.oscss.eu/forums/viewtopic.php?f=4&t=6

Make sure that you are not triggering or violating ANYTHING mentioned there. Especially the 2nd answer (A2) on the 7th question!!!

2nd - The website does have a rather complex protection script against known bots/dnsbl/annoyances/infected clients which block access to the site in general. It is possible that some people may fall in to one of these categories even if they do not know it. The site blocks some access based on DNS Black Lists from various sources. Unfortunately, these issues are not server sided, but client sided, hence; I can not or will not be able to assist you with this.

This may lead to issues concerning your ISP, due to them being on some blacklist, or it may be that your computer is infected with something, or you are using some form of proxy or other software that triggers the protection. (In opera, the 'opera turbo mode' for example is a form of proxy that may not work with the download, just as an example, or you are behind a network from school/work/other that has a proxy without you knowing about it).

I can not and will not de-activate any form of protection on the site. The site and download has been tested, so far we have over 2614 successful downloads and the server is running smoothly.

So for people having problems, Check your end more carefully as the server will not change anything. I am really sorry for the hassle that the security may cause for some people, but I have more stuff that is really important running on the server, and I will not compromise it's security.

Cheers.

is it safe to say that the v2 is never coming out?? :-(

I hope its gonna be realised with the units thats done! That woud make so many pepole happy! and then all the work woud not be for nothing! Soo lets cross our fingers that it will be realised.... (sorry for my bad english) :happy: