heyjoojoo

I've replaced two crown vics and lost the chase/follow commands...

I changed a two crown victorian models and also added new lights to represent my local city. I noticed two issues when I play the game:

• When I call for one of the cv units to respond, they never come from the police station. They come from off the map.
  • None of the new cv units can chase or follow any vehicle or person.

Even after a clean re-install. I've checked the list of commands from the command edit list in the Editor but couldn't find where there might be a problem. Everything seemed fine. Is there a list of all of the crown victorian unit commands somewhere?

I have no clue why the come off the map I asume thats a script isue but i do know how to fix the command issue its easy 1 a cop has to be in the viecle to allow the car tyo chase also the follow command is named "follow" and the chase command is also the follow command is the chase command. to install the command you have to click it once and then hit The > to assign the command also saving the map even if you didnt put anything on the map just so you are sure its saved.:)

Your problems are related to

A. Unit type, you changed that, and

B. You seem to have either deleted the command, or changed the prototype all together..

What exactly did you do? I mean step by step, click by click

I took a model that NNico had created; saved it as the same name (cv_lapd) as one of the models in my Models folder. I editted the PNG file and associated it to the v3o file. So, all of that worked fine. Doors were where they should be and tires all fit well. In the editor, I also copied down the commands and traits from some of the original units and added them to the new modified units.I then edited the lights in the editor and all of that worked fine too. To save those files for future installs, I backed up the new png, v3o, and e4p files. Since this worked well, I decided to repeat the process for two other units, the ambulance 1 and ambulance 2.

I have no clue why the come off the map I asume thats a script isue but i do know how to fix the command issue its easy 1 a cop has to be in the viecle to allow the car tyo chase also the follow command is named "follow" and the chase command is also the follow command is the chase command. to install the command you have to click it once and then hit The > to assign the command also saving the map even if you didnt put anything on the map just so you are sure its saved.:)

That sounds like what I did. I thought everything automatically saved as I exited the Editor...