danny60

A call for help

Hello everyone,

This idea has been mentioned on here several times before, but nothing really seems to have been done to make it a reality.

The idea?

Its basicly a cross between Rig Of Rods and Emergancy 4 (bear with me)

What you do is you have a city/, and you have to command the fire dept (maybe EMS and police) VIa the use of a station, and you drive the trucks to the scene and fight the fire (which is were the rig of rods comes in)

Using multiplayer you will be able to join your friends, each "player" will be apointed a station, (which is bascily a faction or clan) which they serve for, with the station commander giving the orders.

I'm asking the community to lend a hand with this, At the monent theres 2 guys working on it (me and a bloke named rich) We have one or two 3d models, that are unfinished.

I'm also trying to start with the code (ogre) but its proving difficult.

So, i'm asking if anyone is any good at modelling, coding etc etc could they please give me a lift in making this happen?

If its ever finished then i'm going to release it as a open source project thats free for all.

You can post below if you want to help, or you can PM me and i'll speak to you via teamspeak!

thanks,

dan

Both GTA and apparently ROR is intensive... Realistically, if you want a game to compete today, youll probably need to have at least a dual core requirement, tis how it is unfortunately. Source codes for games that are already out are locked away simply becuase anyone with it can do whatever they want to the game, and it steals away the copyright thing, and then rockstar or the producer is out the money which is not fun times

The reason why RoR is so CPU hungry is because the physics egine has been taken to the next level and then some...

So far i've been toying around with one of the many stock physics engines that work with ogre, and as i'm not having some ultra complex trace every falling brick simulator (granted its going to have a decent physics engine) I recon that Me and the team (if there is ever going to be a team) can keep it to a single core CPU.

Im temped to move away from ogre though, as its not the nicest of render engines out there.

Anyone got any suggestions?

~dan