Kookas

ati2dvag infinite loop error BSOD

Hi, for some reason I can't run Emergency 4 in windowed mode.. when I try, my computer freezes, blacks out and then the video drivers crash with an "infinite loop error" regarding ati2dvag. I can run newer games (which are far more demanding) just fine, and fullscreen works too.

I tried to find solutions on the Internet, but all I found were outdated solutions for AGP cards.

The reason I want to run it in windowed mode is because my monitor uses an aspect ratio of 16:9. Emergency 4 does not support this, and if I try to force it to using the config file, the display is stretched from certain angles, because it's still trying to display it at 4:3, just stretched across a 16:9 screen.. So instead, I'd like to just run it in windowed mode at the highest supported resolution.

Also, alt+tabbing from my game in fullscreen causes a big graphics glitch, so I have to kill Firefox and restart it if I want to use it

I don't know if it's heat, since the extremely clever manufacturers seem to have forgot to put a temperature sensor in it (can't get the readings from it from any of the software I've tried) ¬¬ it shouldn't be though, since I can play all my newer games (Arma II, Battlefield Bad Company 2 etc) at highest settings for ages without a crash.

I did have an NVIDIA card before I bought the ATI one, but at this stage I don't really want to have to uninstall everything and then reinstall it again just so that I can use a driver cleaner (since I have an nForce motherboard chipset, so a driver cleaner might mess the drivers for that up) except as a last resort, since Emergency 4 is the only thing which gives me crashes of any sort.

Hi, for some reason I can't run Emergency 4 in windowed mode.. when I try, my computer freezes, blacks out and then the video drivers crash with an "infinite loop error" regarding ati2dvag. I can run newer games (which are far more demanding) just fine, and fullscreen works too.

I tried to find solutions on the Internet, but all I found were outdated solutions for AGP cards.

The reason I want to run it in windowed mode is because my monitor uses an aspect ratio of 16:9. Emergency 4 does not support this, and if I try to force it to using the config file, the display is stretched from certain angles, because it's still trying to display it at 4:3, just stretched across a 16:9 screen.. So instead, I'd like to just run it in windowed mode at the highest supported resolution.

Also, alt+tabbing from my game in fullscreen causes a big graphics glitch, so I have to kill Firefox and restart it if I want to use it

I don't know if it's heat, since the extremely clever manufacturers seem to have forgot to put a temperature sensor in it ¬¬ it shouldn't be though, since I can play all my newer games (Arma II, Battlefield Bad Company 2 etc) at highest settings for ages without a crash.

It would not be heat if you can play more demanding games without this happening.

It would not be heat if you can play more demanding games without this happening.

Yes, I thought as much, it seems more like a software problem. This is my first ATI card in a while (the last was probably about 7 years back, and I had problems with it so I moved to NVIDIA, which seemed to have wider support. I moved back since this ATI card had the best performance of any of the cards I could afford at that point), so I don't know what to expect from it.

Hi, I'm getting this ati2dvag blue screen quite often usually when using Emergency 4 and I can't find a solution to this. So I scanned for viruses using my Avast anti virus - it found nothing. Downloaded the latest ATI driver and it didn't help either...so before I start replacing memory and my ATI card I understand from Microsoft's support (http://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/windows_xp-system/ati2dvag-problem/f2ad7533-06ce-4134-86df-625b8e0154a) that this mustn't be an ATI driver problem but another faulty driver...in another support post (ati2dvag) it indicates a possible mismatch between my Windows XP and my system drivers - how can I know for sure if this is a driver/hardware problem?