lacofd_FF51

LEV 4x4 help

hey guys i want to enable the lev in 4x4 submod but dont know what to do could some one give me a hand?

Ok.... theres no big deal with that... look for these url steps (or fix it to the folder u installed your game) E:\WizardWorks\911 - First Responders\Mods\Los Angeles Mod v2.0 4x4 - YSB Version\Specs

on specs folder look for freeplaybase.xml

open it with wordpad or notepad; then look for this

<!--<vehicle prototype="mod:Prototypes/Vehicles/02 LA Fire Department/light_equipment_truck.e4p" count="50" />-->

it have be seen like this to work

<vehicle prototype="mod:Prototypes/Vehicles/02 LA Fire Department/light_equipment_truck.e4p" count="50" />

dont worry about the count="50" part.... i have make all the units to have a 50 backup staff :holdglass:

Hope i have help u with your problem.

so i just have to have <vehicle prototype="mod:Prototypes/Vehicles/02 LA Fire Department/light_equipment_truck.e4p" right?

and also how hard would it be to have it spawn next to the hes at station 2? once i learn to do this i will change the outside layouts at station 1 to the way i want it.

opened with word not wordpad and didnt get it

Sorry for the delay on answering you... I was working the last days and my schedule doesnt let me see the forum....

You just have to follow the steps i gave you, go to the folder and find the file... select it and right click on it.... look for the "open with" choice and select to open it with wordpad or notepad.

With the spawn problem, maybe what you want to do is related with changing some mayor league scripts (that out of my knowledgue), but you could make them patrol the city adding them the "vcmd patrol" command thru the em4 editor.

I recommend you to make a copy paste of the mod folder (changing the name of the folder, so it wont be any kind of trouble for you or for the game to recognize the mods folders) and begin to practice with the editor. With the patrol command follow the examples of the ambulance1 or the CV patrol cars.

Don't forget to ad it back in to "LASiren" script. I had to do that along with the "Water Tender". Why put the "LEV" at a station when you can just set it in the "Patrol" command on "Edit" while on map edit. Have a "LEV" unit patrol in each area. I dispatch the water tender from off the map when needed. Check out my Mod. Coastal Resort Mod Link

Guest nbrown8568

so i just have to have <vehicle prototype="mod:Prototypes/Vehicles/02 LA Fire Department/light_equipment_truck.e4p" right?

and also how hard would it be to have it spawn next to the hes at station 2? once i learn to do this i will change the outside layouts at station 1 to the way i want it.

To change the layout outside of the station, you will also need to add virtual objects (VO's) in the editor and than make changes to the LAtoFireStation, LAFireStation, and LAFireStationStart scripts. You might want to take each LA Mod script you have added and compare scripts.

Norm,

I have found this and it could help you on your quest.

"I suggest you use Notepad 2 because it makes editing a lot easier. Just do a google search and it will most likely be the first link. To find each line in the scripts, just use find and type USAR. After editing the line, hit the find again to make sure there are no more lines you need to change. Do not change any vo_usar. Scripts you will be editing:

LAFireStationStart.script

LAFireStation.script

LAToFireStation.script

Start script is used for spawning the vehicles at startup, FireStation is used for crew spawning / stationing and ToFireStation is for which gate to pull into and park at.

Let’s say you want to replace the USAR with the HES.

BACK UP YOUR SCRIPTS BEFORE EDITING!!

In all 3 scripts at the top, you will need to add this below the const char OBJ_HAZMAT line:

const char OBJ_HES[] = "mod:Prototypes/Vehicles/02 LA Fire Department/heavy_equipment_squad.e4p";

** Note ** If your replacing the USAR with let’s say the water tender, you will just change the usar_squad.e4p to water_tender.e4p and you will keep all the line edits the same. No other changes need to be made except staffing.

LAFireStationStart:

Find this line:

Vehicle m = Game::CreateVehicle(OBJ_USAR, UNNAMED);

Change to this:

Vehicle m = Game::CreateVehicle(OBJ_HES, UNNAMED);

** 1 time **

LAFireStation:

Find this line:

if(StrCompare(v.GetPrototypeFileName(), OBJ_USAR) == 0)

Change to this:

if(StrCompare(v.GetPrototypeFileName(), OBJ_HES) == 0)

** 3 times **

In LAToFireStation:

Find this line:

else if(StrCompare(v.GetPrototypeFileName(), OBJ_USAR) == 0)

Change to this:

else if(StrCompare(v.GetPrototypeFileName(), OBJ_HES) == 0)

** 2 times **

After doing this, add the "tofirestation" command to the heavy equipment squad.

Go into the editor and load the mod. When it is done loading, a window will appear in the right hand side that should say Prototypes. In that window, click vehicles tab then scroll down to Brush Truck 8 or something like that and click edit. From the new window that pops up go to "Edit Commands or Commands or something like that". Once again, a new window will appear. In that window you will see on the left all available commands and on the right, the commands it currently has. So what you want to do is scroll down on the left side until you find vcmdtofirestation or something along that line and click on it. After that, you will click on the arrow pointing towards the right to allow the command to be added to the brush truck. After that, just click ok and then exit out of the editor ( It should autosave ). Load the mod and see if it's there and works.

TO CHANGE STAFFING:

Scripts going to be changed:

LAFireStationStart.script

LAFireStation.script

Once again, Start is used for startup staffing and FireStation is during the game when alarm is sounded which personnel will spawn and go to which vehicle.

1 = FF/PM with case

2 = FF/PM's with stretcher

3 = FF/EMT

4 = Battalion Chief

5 = FF HAZMAT

6 = USAR FF

7 = FF/EMT's with stretcher

You will see these numbers below the USAR coding and will look like this:

m.PushActionExecuteCommand(ACTION_NEWLIST, DUMMY_CALLCREW, Caller, 6, false);

m.PushActionWait(ACTION_APPEND, 0.5f);

m.PushActionExecuteCommand(ACTION_APPEND, DUMMY_CALLCREW, Caller, 6, false);

I want to add 2 paramedics to my HES so what I will do is change the to a 1. If you want to add anymore than two, just simply copy the m.PushActionWait and the m.PushActionExecuteCommand lines and paste it below the last one. Just like this:

m.PushActionExecuteCommand(ACTION_NEWLIST, DUMMY_CALLCREW, Caller, 6, false);

Hopefully this all makes sense and helps a lot. I’ll try to add how to edit the scripts so let’s say you want a ladder in each station yet still return to both stations, I’ll show you how to do that. You may find some answers in this topic: http://forum.emergen...-fire-stations/ but feel free to ask here to. "