LOLGUY75

UV mapping problem!

I am currently converting and UV mapping a car for Emergency 4 but while i was UV mapping i found a problem,

the skin goes to the other side of the model.

Here is a pic:

picuvmapproblem.png

Could somewone tell me how to disable that :Oo

The black borders from the side to the back is just the texture :P

If you changed the texture size EX it was 256/256 when it was originally designed for the vehicle (most nfs models ran 256 or 512)... you must resize the model's UV as well, it appears as though the UV is being squished, which is probrably the result from the texture changing but not the model's UV to coincide.

The front/hood/windshield all appear to be set to the rear texture's location instead of the front.

I was right! :P So again just guessing, but apply the UV Map to the model BEFORE you scale it, and I assume that would fix it without actually adjusting the skin image file.

No, not quite bud, the way zmod is designed it was originally intended for games that ran smaller textures, so what happens when you import a larger texture is usually it assumes it is still intended to be smaller than it really is, unfortunately resulting in such problems, scale on model has no correlation to the model's UV mapping, which is set separately.=)

I have had this problem occur when for instance I use a wheel from a model that is 256 but the model is running 512 Texture, the vehicle assumes the whole thing is 256 when it doesnt... The texture it's self (the primary texture) is usually the culprit for the misalignment, either way check your UV map on the vehicle if it is hanging outside the box for the texture to sit in, then you need to scale it down to fit accordlingly.

I use z1 far more than Z1 correct but I know both apps, what happens is the way zmod does UV mapping the resolution of the UV mapper doesnt change at all if you were to for instance take a skin that was originally 512/512 and change it to 256/256, in zmod you'd never notice until you actually bothered to try to assign or manipulate the UV... The UV mapper it's self doesnt change at all in "zoom" levels it still behaves the same regardless of the size of the actual texture, on the model however you can notice it. I did one model that I had to use 1024X on it, I stole some of my parts from another model that was on a 512 Texture, when they were added to the existing Zmod file, their scale still reflected the 512 Texture, I had to load em in the UV mapper and change their scale 200% to make them "fit" again on their new textured area... Hopefully you understand a bit better what I was trying to say.

Texture Scale not the Model it's self, texture is NOT correlated to model size in any way unless it's a raw model and you're UV mapping it for the first time or resetting an existing UV with a new one then vehicle scale will play into it.

Sorry for the late reply but i am a total beginner for zmodeler and dont get what you mean... i think scaling the skin would not change anything, it will still go to the other side :unsure: Can you explain it clearly how and what i need to do :Oo

Hey MikeyPI,

Have you noticed that on the NY Mod that the old impala is smaller than the CV! They are really the same size if your were to see them on your street.

I keep having the same problem :ohm also the car is one object does that change things? :Oo

I did scale the car in uvmapper to fit the texture but even if i dont do that it still goes to the other side,

the textures is one image there is white between the pics in the texture (skin).

I am very confused :Oo What should i do?

Could anyone explain this is in steps? like this?

Step 1: Do this

Step 2: Do that

Step1:

Capture the UV MAP image in the UV mapper, so we can see that you've indeed aligned it right.

Step2:

Open the material editor and capture what it displays for the settings for the texture file it's self.

Ok i followed the steps and made the images,

I did scale the car to fit in to the texture but that should not be the problem.

Here is the pic :

problemuvmappinginforma.png

It would be great if somewone knows the problem :happy: