USman

Model textures

to make something invisible in the game you have to use the alpha channel of the texture file, set it to black 0,0,0 and it's completely invisible. To edit the alpha varies application by app, you have to try to figure out in your particular app how to edit the alpha channel.

okay can you put that in a "textures for dummies" context? If its in the simplist form already I will play around a little more to fighure it out.

Certain texture formats PNG TGA DDS support things called alpha channels, different games use them for different things, they are basically a 2nd layer that is normally invisible on the texture, this layer is in black to white, white being not-used at all, black being transparent for this game, varying degrees of grey will make the skin "tint" instead of totally solid or disappear. Depending on your painting application dictates how you can make the alpha layer A. Visible and B. Edit it, I am sorry but each paint application is different, some can't even modify alpha channels (such as ms paint) so I can't really elaborate on how you can go about seeing the alpha channel, but to my knowledge ALL apps use the same terms either "mask" or "alpha channel".