Yeah the sirens are compressed into wav files so i changed the original sirens and it would make no sound if you clicked on the siren button but when they were dispatched and they came to traffic they played the oringal sirens like the unmodified game of EM4, i put them in the right file and i could send you the file if you want to see if you can get it to work

The wav files must be 16 bit Mono, not stereo I'm fairly sure that is probrably why your siren files are going unrecognized, they are improperly formatted, resave as that and try again.

It depends on your audio editing software, most decent ones have Save AS as an option within the save menu there are usually formatting options like save as type, from there you can select further options usually if the particular format has them to further specify exactly how you want it to be, my software is probrably not the same as yours so I can't give you a step-by-step run down for obvious reasons. Check in Save As, pick wav format and see what options there are within the save as menu and hopefully you'll find what you need.

well i looked at the properties of the WAV files and the bit rate is 352 kbps and it doesnt say anything else about it i mean i could send you the file and see if we could find out whats wrong with it or what i did wrong

And btw what software do you have

Nevermind i figured out the mono thing and do they need to be set at a certain thing

From what you've said so far you are working on a modification of the LA mod, so the sirens you need to replace are the ones within the la mod

Mods\Los Angeles Mod v2.0\Audio\Fx\sirens

The sirens are held within that foldier directory, the ones you need to replace are Siren01.wav-Siren06.wav these are the ones that make up the sirens for the LA mod... Emsiren01-04 are present as well in this folder so that the original sirens do not play (the ones in the la mod are muted no sound but present to prevent the original ones from being used).

yep, replace the ones that are currently there, as long as the original script from the LA mod wasnt tampered with by other modders (Idk what submods you have) it should play yours, if yours fail to work then there would be NO siren what so ever b/c of the default sirens being present in the mod folder but muted 100%.