Lt GMFD

ToFireStation Script

Hey GM what's up? how's everything going over there at s55? To answer your question me and the guys over here at JER have been looking for the same thing. And honestly I just don't see it being possible. In order to have the trucks return to the fire station, you would need to add in a place for it to return to. This means virtual objects. The best way to understand it, is to study the freeplay map and it's ToFireStation script. You need a place for the engine to return to. This means that it would originally have to start there and spawning vehicles on the multiplayer map when it starts so far is not possible. And if it were, not only would you need to spawn the vehicle there and make sure that it is facing the right way and will actually be functional, but you would also need to add a spawn point for personnel to spawn from to fill the vehicles. Otherwise you're riding empty and trying to fight everything with solely the trucks. Unless of course you were to try and place the personnel there manually in the editor. That wouldn't even work though, because if you manage to succeed at all of this so far, how would the game know who's units are whose?? You would ALSO need the engines to have a return to station command tied to them for the multiplayer map. Basically you would need to create an entire script from scratch for multiplayer. There are a number of factors that contribute to making a fire station script for multiplayer. Many and most of them are as of right now impossible. But if there is a way, I'm sure one of us or someone out there will eventually figure it out.

Ive been able to spawn vehicles and add vehicles and make the fire station script work (with the help of jsutton lol) for new vehicles but that's freeplay and that's easy to understand once you actually do it. But multiplayer is a WHOLLEEE other story lol.

There is no rule that says the vehicles must spawn on the map at startup, they can easilly be called from off-map then parked somewhere, you just need to make scripts with player associations instead of the original scripts which are EXPLICITLY designed for SP, they do not know which user to assign which thing to. the condition just has to be made to be player-related as well as vehicle related.

Yes that's true. I've been picking away at this thing for awhile lol and as I thought about it yes you are correct. it doesn't HAVE to spawn at startup. I was thinking exactly what you said. They could be called off map, and as long as you have a designated position for it to return to, it might be possible. If you were to give certain engines the commands like in freeplay where the certain engines have their designated spaces to go to, you might be able to incorporate the same thing in to multiplayer. I'm not really sure how to explain it other than there might be multiple ways you can do it. Like you might be able to tell certain vehicles to go to a certain place in a certain order for each vehicle. So it would simply tell the vehicles where to go in numerical order no matter what order you call your vehicles in. For example, say you get 4 engines 1 after the other. 1st engine gets called and goes to a certain designated parking space, 2nd engine is called, goes to IT'S designated parking space. And so on and so forth. THEN you call 4 USARs. 1st USAR goes to it's designated parking space 2nd to it's parking space. Does it make sense to you? I don't really know how to put it. So essentially, it would force certain players to take certain stations on the map. say you are central and someone els is playing east. It would be in the order so that when the person playing central gets their first engine it goes to their station, then say east picks next, they pick their engine and it goes to IT'S parking space at east. The downside is that it would force a certain order to how vehicles are called out. But like I said that's ONE way that might be possible if we take the time to really buckle down and work at it. I hope that I made sense and didn't sound like a total idiot haha.