bazz

Uv Mapping Problem

Hi

okay to start i'm very new to uv mpaing and i wanted to fit this skin on i managed to fit the front skin on and the side skin on with out problem.But when i go to skin the back this happens (see Pic 2)the front and the side lose it's skin please could someone help me?

post-2606-0-41391900-1290203578.jpg

post-2606-0-73042800-1290203603.jpg

Ensure you only have the polygons to the portion you wish to map, enter Vertice editing mode with SELECTED MODE enabled, this should select the vertices to the section you wish to modify, then when you go to do the UV map, in the window it opens up Tick the Generate New option, do not tamper with ANY other setting. This should ONLY change the portion of the model which you've selected, nothing more, you should be doing this from the BACK or FRONT view, which from your 2nd pic you already know=) But that should do it correctly, I just did it to a pre-mapped model and it did not tamper with anything but my selection.

Okey I just went over this yest, but I'll do it again... Now that u have the UV map texture showin up for the side view u be good to go to the next step, in Poly sel mode, use select>whatever (I use quad b/c it can grab groups of polys faster/easier)... select the stuff u wanna UV map, then enter VERTICE MODE; WITH SELECTED MODE ENABLED, you need to create a new UV map in the pop up for the UV EDIT button.. Doing this will create a new UV map for only the area you've selected, thereby allowin you to manipulate that, and that alone. If done correctly it'll show up in the UV window, usually not ON the texture, usually it's floating somewhere outside of it, so zoom out=) Move the vertices where you want em and there u go=)

Make sure to enter obj mode then back into Vert mode to clear the current task of Z2 so you can manipulate the newly created UV.