Guest SeaFireLIV

Is there any British Mod that actually works in Emergency 4

Guest SeaFireLIV

Impressed by Emergency 3 I decided to get Emergency 4. Now there were some nice working British Mods for Emergency 3 and I expected much for 4.

But i`m kinda dissappointed. All the British mods seem like they don`t work (not for me) or they are woefully half-done.

Am I missing something? Why don`t any of them install and why do they all seem unfinished? I would have thought at least one good modder would have made something to compete with the Americans LA mod (which is by the way, very good). I really want recognisable British uniforms and Sirens like I had with 3 as this really makes the games immmersive.

By the way, I do appreciate the work modders do, I`m just surprised so little is done for Britain, especially for what is a pretty good game - can`t even find decent Brit sirens.

Thanks in advance for any help.

Edit: Damn dodgy keyboard missed the `H` in the title. It`s supposed to say `British`. Sorry.

Guest SeaFireLIV

Wow. Fast response! Thankyou.

I tried all these Mods, yesterday, and they wouldn`t work, but wouldn`t you know it! I just tried the London Mod now and it has just worked and installed. I don`t get it. I didn`t do anything different, just redownloaded. Maybe it was a corrupt download.

Impressed by Emergency 3 I decided to get Emergency 4. Now there were some nice working British Mods for Emergency 3 and I expected much for 4.

But i`m kinda dissappointed. All the British mods seem like they don`t work (not for me) or they are woefully half-done.

Am I missing something? Why don`t any of them install and why do they all seem unfinished? I would have thought at least one good modder would have made something to compete with the Americans LA mod (which is by the way, very good). I really want recognisable British uniforms and Sirens like I had with 3 as this really makes the games immmersive.

By the way, I do appreciate the work modders do, I`m just surprised so little is done for Britain, especially for what is a pretty good game - can`t even find decent Brit sirens.

Thanks in advance for any help.

Edit: Damn dodgy keyboard missed the `H` in the title. It`s supposed to say `British`. Sorry.

FYI you can edit the title if you edit the first post ;)

And hmm, its not really that they're 'half arsed' jobs, its just most mods take ages to make, or are just simple reskins, its not really a lack of english mods, its just a lack of fully working mods imo :) hopefully I'll be finishing my manchester mod sometime soon, where is it your from?

This game is very comprehensive to modify, in most games you can get away by doing a simple reskin of a car or two here and there, and slowly integrate them into improving the "feel" of the game. Emergency unfortunately in order to have a proper feeling modification, either you hold off releasing till all the basic default vehicles are replaced.... That'd mean at least 15 new models you would have to do, especially when it comes to the fire department vehicles. Such is why modifications are slow to roll out, with bases a new modification doesnt take horribly long, but if you have to build the models yourself, especially for a totally new mod it is killer to try to get them all done. Or alternatively just reskin the original vehicles and tolerate their lack of authenticity.

*moderator goodies: I will fix your topic title for you since I'm here anyway=)