Guest Moshi

I've had it! Nothing works!

Here's the deal. I installed Windows 7 in August, and first game installed was 911:FR (E4). It worked fine, until one day

I also installed Nokia PC Suite. Then it did not work anymore. I googled the problem and it threw me here on this site where I read that Nokia software is the problem for it. So I deleted it. Still same. Then I deleted EVERYTHING (VLC, Winamp, all codecs, all prograps except Office, Firefox and that kinda apps). I unistalled everything with Your Uninstaller which then deletes everything related to the uninstalled app in registry, then I went into deleting registry manually. With CTRL+F and searching "Nokia" or somethign similar. I also did thorough clean of PC from empty folders etc. PC was just like after a fresh install of windows.

Game still wouldn't start normally! I was so furious I gave up only to relive the problem now, as I found lots of other possible solutions here, like resolution fix, replacing the cfg file, updating drivers of graphics card, motherboard, sound, downgrading the drivers of graphics card, running on one core, reinstalled the game million times literally, so as I basically tried everything but not making a topic here so I'm doing it. It's my last resort. Other is Windows reinstall which I'm not really fond of, as I just managed to customize it to my taste.

Interesting stuff is, when I uninstall ffdshow, I play intro vids in WMP without sound. When I install ffdshow I can't play them at all normally.

So I also added a Sherlock codec report, if anyone sees the problem.

Thanks!

DxDiag.txt

logfile.txt

Codecs.txt

Scrap all third part codecs and just use ffdshow. Also you need to configure ffdshow not to use itself for decoding em4 videos.

Anyways I see some strange errors in there I have never seen before like:

?VVideoTexture::InitTextureRenderer(): could not find output pin [80040216]

I also see some other things like this, that I havent noticed before:

Extension GL_ARB_texture_env_subtract not available

This leads me to believe your video card simply doesnt meet the requirements for EM4.

How do I get rid of the other codecs when all I have installed is ffdshow? :s Don't even know how other codecs got onto my PC, and I think ffdshow is already configured not to use itself in em3 & em4.exe by deafult.

And how can my graphics card not meet the requirments for EM4 if I was already playing on it and playing EM 2012 on it right now.

Guest sdabs85

I have to resuscitate this post because I am having similar problems. I just got a new computer with windows 7, downloaded and installed 911 first responders (em4)and when I went to open it, I got the busy signal next to the mouse and then.....nothing. I attempted to run it as an administrator and that didn't do anything. I tried to run it as reverse compatible on all previous versions of windows and nothing. I must admit I am kinda a noob when it comes to codecs and messing with ffdshow. I have attached my dxdiag. I cannot find my logfile, there is nothing in my 911 first responder file that says "logfile" and there is nothing that remotely looks like it when I open it in a notepad. More importantly please help me find an answer to this because it feels like I have been going in circles all day. thanks in advance.

DxDiag.txt

I see you have an intergrated graphics card. I don't know if they are supported at all.

It's not recommended, but the game can run on a laptop with an integrated graphics card. My old laptop had an integrated card and the game could run with no problems.

@sdabs85: Have you tried updating your graphics card drivers? Have you tried running the game in compatibility mode?

Guest sdabs85

It's not recommended, but the game can run on a laptop with an integrated graphics card. My old laptop had an integrated card and the game could run with no problems.

@sdabs85: Have you tried updating your graphics card drivers? Have you tried running the game in compatibility mode?

Yes I have tried both. The graphics card needed an update which I did successfully. When I attempted to run it in compatibility mode, it did the same thing; quick black screen and then back to the desktop.

Guest sdabs85

So yeah...I went back and asked atari (who I downloaded it from) what the problem was and how I could fix it. Here is their response:

"Greetings! While reviewing your DxDiag, I noticed that you have an Intel HD graphics chipset in your HP laptop. Unfortunately, this game requires an AGP accelerated graphics card equivalent to either a GeForce3 or higher, which your video card does not meet. I apologize for any frustration or inconvenience this may cause. - Atari Technical Support "

So I decided to just put 911fr off to the side for right now. I went back and found my copy of em3, installed it and it works better than any other computer I have used it on. I even downloaded the la mod and it works. Whatever, it's still a good game. But if anyone can tell me how to get 911fr working again, feel free to shoot your ideas this way.