Guest Taelyn

LA MOD 4x4 Vehicle Change

I read some topic's about chaning some vehicles around. I tried it for some time but i dont get it done.

Hope soms of you can help me.

I want in the LA MOD 4x4 the Ladder in FS1 on the spot from the Tiller

In FS2 I want the HES at the spot from the Ladder.

I know how to spam them at the start. They already got the button back to station.

But i dont get them on the spots anymore. "station full return to base"

I know i have to change something in te other scripts latofirestation and lafirestation

I just dont know what to change in those 2 files.

Greetz,

Taelyn

I changed it so far that the HES is on Ladder spot in FS2 and Ladder on Tiller spot in FS1

They return to. Found what to change. Only in FS1 my ladder parks half outside the gate

and half in FS1. Dont know how to fix that. Anyone?

I changed it so far that the HES is on Ladder spot in FS2 and Ladder on Tiller spot in FS1

They return to. Found what to change. Only in FS1 my ladder parks half outside the gate

and half in FS1. Dont know how to fix that. Anyone?

Since you took the ladder from FS2 which means you will have ladder or tiller back in FS1, I would just copy the ladder/tiller script from the LA Mod 2.0 by Hoppah into the LA Mod 2.0 script by Xplorer 4x4. If you decide to do that, backup your original files in case you get errors or something happens.

Since you took the ladder from FS2 which means you will have ladder or tiller back in FS1, I would just copy the ladder/tiller script from the LA Mod 2.0 by Hoppah into the LA Mod 2.0 script by Xplorer 4x4. If you decide to do that, backup your original files in case you get errors or something happens.

Tried that, Then I get a script error at startup. the point is. When I call my ladder he is coming when I press return to base button

he goes back to the base. He only parks half inside and half outside. I dont know in what file I have to change something.

Tried that, Then I get a script error at startup. the point is. When I call my ladder he is coming when I press return to base button

he goes back to the base. He only parks half inside and half outside. I dont know in what file I have to change something.

do you know what the script error said? it could be a simple fix.

do you know what the script error said? it could be a simple fix.

Now there is no error, But still the ladder parks half outisde when you return him to the station.

I upload the files maybe you can take a look in it? It are the 3 script files where i made the changes in.

LA Mod 4x4.rar

can you post a screen shot so i can see. from your scripts it looks like nothing is wrong and it should park right. also, can i get a screen from your editor of fs1 tiller parking please.

The print screen button only gave me a black picture so i did it with my camera.

The first one is on the start of the game. The second one when i put the ladder back in the base.

With the tiller is the normal script from 4x4 what he used. the standard script what the mod installs.

Funny thing is. I changed earlyer the ladder in FS1 with the USAR. And then the ladder still parks

half outside and the USAR not. Then my gues is it isnt the scripts but something with the ladder files?

post-15401-095948100 1288570112.jpg

post-15401-083265300 1288570121.jpg

post-15401-069495800 1288570545.jpg

you need to change some things in the editor for that. It looks like its taking the size of the tiller and making the ladder apply to it.

just rename the tiller vo to ladder, the ladder vo to hes and then adjust the names in the scripts to that.

see if that doesnt fix it.

BACK UP YOUR FILES FIRST

Didnt work. So i did it a bid divrent. Placed the tiller back in FS1 and the ladder in FS2.

Placed the HES on the spot from the LRA at the back of FS1. That works too ^^

Horrible idea. My scripts are heavily customized, so if you do that you might as well just use the stock LA Mod.

Yopu need to edit all three fire station scripts. At the top of them find where it says OBJ_LADDER, and add OBJ_HES and point it to the HES truck in the same manner OBJ_LADDER refers to the tower ladder. Now replace all instances of OBJ_LADDER with OBJ_HES and OBJ_TILLER with OBJ_LADDER.

Horrible idea. My scripts are heavily customized, so if you do that you might as well just use the stock LA Mod.

Yopu need to edit all three fire station scripts. At the top of them find where it says OBJ_LADDER, and add OBJ_HES and point it to the HES truck in the same manner OBJ_LADDER refers to the tower ladder. Now replace all instances of OBJ_LADDER with OBJ_HES and OBJ_TILLER with OBJ_LADDER.

All the instances are renamed from Ladder to HES and Tiller to Ladder. The fix now is just to fix the Ladder from parking 1/4 way outside of the firehouse.

Thats what i did Xplorer. Got that out of that tutorial from Hoppah. Problem is that the ladder parks 1/4 outside.

Use fraps to take screen shots btw. I have no idea what the issue with parking is. I didnt alter that VO in any other way then changing the name.

There is pictures 6 posts up. Look at the 2nd one of the three. Its a big picture but to get back on the forums just click above the picture because I can't find the close button on them.

Nope,

No space at fire station. return back to base :( :(

Are you sure there wasn't anything sticking into the parking space? Maybe another truck or a person? The change I made was past that point in the code where it could have caused that.

I made one more small change here. There are two places in the code (that I found so far) where something was done specifically to accommodate the size of the tiller. If you change OBJ_TILLER to OBJ_LADDER in those places it will treat the ladder truck as if it was the same size as the tiller, which it isn't.

In the first sample I posted I removed one part of that code which should have solved the problem by now treating the ladder like the correct size. Now I fixed another line of that sort. I don't think either of these should have any effect on the ladder returning to base or not though.

Try again with this one anyway. Let us know what happens.

LAToFireStation.zip

Are you sure there wasn't anything sticking into the parking space? Maybe another truck or a person? The change I made was past that point in the code where it could have caused that.

I made one more small change here. There are two places in the code (that I found so far) where something was done specifically to accommodate the size of the tiller. If you change OBJ_TILLER to OBJ_LADDER in those places it will treat the ladder truck as if it was the same size as the tiller, which it isn't.

In the first sample I posted I removed one part of that code which should have solved the problem by now treating the ladder like the correct size. Now I fixed another line of that sort. I don't think either of these should have any effect on the ladder returning to base or not though.

Try again with this one anyway. Let us know what happens.

Yoyo,

Tried it and it works :D. The ladder parks totaly fine. Thx guys for all the help :)

Taelyn

There is pictures 6 posts up. Look at the 2nd one of the three. Its a big picture but to get back on the forums just click above the picture because I can't find the close button on them.

The link to close only shows up when you hover over the pic. And yes I saw the screen shots. Hard not to...I was simply saying to use fraps rather then taking pictures of the screen with a camera. The pics come out clearer since there a direct capture and eliminates having to position the camera correctly as not to get reflections and such.