Officer Will Troll

Updated: 1 Question

Hey guys, if you read my original post thanks but I figured it out, if not dont worry about it now.

I am however having a problem. So, I want to take the LA Mod's freeplay map, edit, which I did. But I want to make it as a seperate mod. As a private submod for me and my close friends.

However the problem is I have the editor opened and the changes made.

Now what? What do I do so I can have my version + be able to have them double click the .exe to install it and so my friends can play?

I dont want to just replace the original map with mine, incase I want to use the old map, I just want to have a mod thats the LA Mod...with my map changes.

I dont want to have campaign levels either or multiplayer.

Is it possible to copy over the data from the LA mod and just create a new installer for mine + replace the freeplay.e4m with mine?

Thanks.

~Will

A). I am however having a problem. So, I want to take the LA Mod's freeplay map, edit, which I did. But I want to make it as a seperate mod. As a private submod for me and my close friends.

However the problem is I have the editor opened and the changes made.

B). Now what? What do I do so I can have my version + be able to have them double click the .exe to install it and so my friends can play?

C). I dont want to just replace the original map with mine, incase I want to use the old map, I just want to have a mod thats the LA Mod...with my map changes.

D). I dont want to have campaign levels either or multiplayer.

E). Is it possible to copy over the data from the LA mod and just create a new installer for mine + replace the freeplay.e4m with mine?

Thanks.

A.Best Bet is to copy the mod folder, rename it something else LAMOD_1 for ex... dun matter really just done for sake of knowing which is which. To identify it in the game it's self differently u need to edit the following doc in notepad and simply change the name displayed:

Mods\Los Angeles Mod v2.0\e4mod.info

Be sure to leave the "" in tact on either side of the name.

B.To make them able to click the EXE and install via that method you have to know how to create a new exe and recompile the files, not something everyone can do, so I'd just compress them in a RAR file or ZIP.

C.By duping the folder and making a 2nd mod, you still will have the "original" mod untouched as well as your new mod, so long as you've only modded one of them, if you modded the LA mod already, then you'll have to follow the proceedures already given and then reinstall the original LA mod again.

D.Simply delete them from the folders where they are found along with the Campaign.XML and Campaign_params.XML from the "specs folder"

E.Already Explained above, dupe the folder, make changes required to make it a "new" mod, then simply package all that in a RAR file, you can make a self-extracting file that'll do the same basic thing, but in the end it isnt too hard to copy a whole new mod to the mods folder;)

A). Alright, somewhat confused. I dont really need the installer too bad. However, Im just a little stuck. I duped the Original LA Mod. I also have this freeplay.e4m. However this wont have my map changes when I play my new mod.

So what necessarly do I have to do?

B). Also: In the modifications screen on 911, it shows the LA Mod Icon for the mod, how can I change this?

Also when loading. It shows "LA Mod by Hoppah"

Yada Yada.

How would I change this?

A.Ensure you've copied your "modified" freeplay map to the "new" modification, even if it isnt named freeplay at this time. Open your map with the changes, navigate to your mod folder (this can be done in the editor under the Save map option)Overwrite the existing Freeplay map file, a conf window will appear, permit overwriting of the freeplay map (assuming you have FR/4 if you have deluxue you must overwrite the deluxue map file).

B. To change the icon you have to open the "e4mod.dds" and modify it using a paint program then save your changes... Moderately advanced task if you lack the software. Altering the by: portion is done in the file "e4mod.info" modify the author portion and it will say whatever it is told to say (not that it is really necessary to change this).

Sorry for late response. Thought I already replied.

1. I've done that. The problem is that it isn't showing all my changes. And I know Im using the correct map. I saved it multiple times as freeplaysubmod.e4m.

Saved to desktop and then transferred over to my mod and then renamed it freeplay.e4m.

Pressed confirm.

I did this before and it didnt change, now it does but not to all the changes.