zsnyder23

Sirens not working

I have installed explorers 4x4 mod, after playing I want to add the vehicles he disabled. I am able to dispatch the vehicles but their sirens do not work. Is there something else i need to change?

I had the same problem and I found a solution, I went to the other LA Mod script files and copied from that LA Siren script files and had that vehicle and I pasted to the 4x4 LA Mod LA Siren script file. PM me if you have to. As you can see I added the Light Equipment truck and the Water Tender.

//******************************************************************************************

// #Version 2.7#

//

// Includes: All Sirens Commands

//

// - VcmdSiren

// - DummyUpdatePos

// - DummyDisableSiren

// - DummyFindPath

// - DummyHasSiren

//

// Script by Bass-Ti

// Modified by Hoppah

// Mofied by Xplorer4x4

//

//******************************************************************************************

const char CMD_AUTOSIREN_OFF[] = "VcmdAutoSirenOff";

const char EACTION_FINDPATH[] = "EActionFindPath";

const char EACTION_EXTINGUISH[] = "EActionExtinguish";

const char DUMMY_HASSIREN[] = "DummyHasSiren";

const char DUMMY_UPDATEPOS[] = "DummyUpdatePos";

const char DUMMY_FINDPATH[] = "DummyFindPath";

const char DUMMY_HOSESON[] = "DummyHosesAreOn";

const char NAME_DUMMYOBJECT[] = "HelpingObjekt_Hoppah";

const char DUMMY_GETTIL[] = "DummyGetTiller";

const char PROTO_LAPD_IMPALA[] = "mod:Prototypes/Vehicles/03 LA Police/lapd_impala.e4p";

const char PROTO_LEV[] = "mod:Prototypes/Vehicles/02 LA Fire Department/light_equipment_truck.e4p";

const char PROTO_LRA[] = "mod:Prototypes/Vehicles/01 LA Ambulance/large_rescue_ambulance.e4p";

const char PROTO_BPAT_DC[] = "mod:Prototypes/Vehicles/03 LA Police/bpat_dodge_charger.e4p";

const char PROTO_BPAT_TAHOE[] = "mod:Prototypes/Vehicles/03 LA Police/bpat_tahoe.e4p";

const char PROTO_ATF_CV[] = "mod:Prototypes/Vehicles/03 LA Police/ATF_cv.e4p";

const char PROTO_ATF_NRU[] = "mod:Prototypes/Vehicles/03 LA Police/atf_nru.e4p";

const char PROTO_SWAT_SUV[] = "mod:Prototypes/Vehicles/03 LA Police/swat_suv.e4p";

const char PROTO_ENGINE01[] = "mod:Prototypes/Vehicles/02 LA Fire Department/fire_engine1.e4p";

const char PROTO_ENGINE02[] = "mod:Prototypes/Vehicles/02 LA Fire Department/fire_engine2.e4p";

const char PROTO_ENGINE03[] = "mod:Prototypes/Vehicles/02 LA Fire Department/fire_engine3.e4p";

const char PROTO_ENGINE04[] = "mod:Prototypes/Vehicles/02 LA Fire Department/fire_engine4.e4p";

const char PROTO_ENGINE017[] = "mod:Prototypes/Vehicles/02 LA Fire Department/fire_engine17.e4p";

const char PROTO_WATERTENDER[] = "mod:Prototypes/Vehicles/02 LA Fire Department/water_tender.e4p";

So if I understand this right...

In my custom mod I'm playing with, I am reskinning the Red Cross Hummer to be a Special Response Vehicle for my EMS. I have added lights and the Command in editor already, but for the siren, if I basically edit the LASiren.Script file and wherever I find like AMBULANCE02 I copy that line and add the appropriate changes to reference the E4P file for my Red Cross Hummer, it should have the same sirens as my Ambulance?

I don't want to blow up my mod, and I've NEVER scripted before. Please advise if this sounds right!

Thanks. Playing with it now. First try didn't work, but I agree on the BACKUPS, prevent big oops! Will keep trying!

You just have to alter the script to your choosing. There are 2 places you must add lines to in order for the siren to work on the red cross hummer. Like you said, create a backup and try this. Should work.

The first spot is at the top where you point the siren towards the prototype. Copy and paste this line underneath the ambulance04 line:

const char PROTO_RC[] = "mod:Prototypes/Vehicles/01 LA Ambulance/hummerh2_rc.e4p";

Now scroll down a little ways until you see this line:

StrCompare(v.GetPrototypeFileName(), PROTO_AMBULANCE04) == 0 ||

Right Below that, copy and paste this line:

StrCompare(v.GetPrototypeFileName(), PROTO_RC) == 0 ||

Save the script, open the game and test it. If it doesn't work, I guess I forgot how to script this game.