FDNYEMS22

help with slow game 911 FR online download

Yes i agree. Your graphics card is very, very outdated. Plus you have an XP? Do you expect to run 911 FR on an XP? Better off buying a new pc . My graphics chip is a Geforce 9 series and it runs fine. I would recommend for you, Maybe a 7 or 8 series Geforce. I don't think they sell 7 series anymore but I'm pretty sure they sell 8 series.

Yes i agree. Your graphics card is very, very outdated. Plus you have an XP? Do you expect to run 911 FR on an XP?

This game was devloped for windows XP as Vista wasnt released to the media at the time of development.

Better off buying a new pc . My graphics chip is a Geforce 9 series and it runs fine. I would recommend for you, Maybe a 7 or 8 series Geforce. I don't think they sell 7 series anymore but I'm pretty sure they sell 8 series.

I woudlnt. Nvidia are higher priced then there ATI counterpart with no noticeable performance gain aside from on benchmarks. Nvidia chips are cheaply made and more vulnerable to heat and seeing as they require more wattage which in tunr produces more heat, not a good thing.

Its hard to upgrade much on this PC as it is ancient technology, but an ATI 5450 would be sufficient.

Plus you have an XP? Do you expect to run 911 FR on an XP?

Why not? Windows XP was still by far the most popular OS at the time this game was released and developed for XP as vista was only in beta stages, if that, when 911FR was being developed.

Yes you have a good point but ATI cards are over priced and not even worth it. An XP Would run it like shit anyways. I Have an XP and it can barley run EM3.

Please stop posting false information.

First, ATI cards are cheaper then there Nvidia counter part as I just stated above.

Secondly, stop blaming XP for your problems. How well a game runs is based upon the hardware in your machine. Your os in an indirect way could make a difference because you need more hardware power to run Vista or 7 smoothly compared to XP. Part of this is because of the eye candy for Vista/7. Part of this is because of the prefect/super-fetch built in to Vista/7.

Plenty of users still have XP and play this game absolutely fine, I see low ram and I see a bad videoard as his culprits. As with any OS, it's easy to blame them for the faults, my old notebook had Vista and it barely did anything right, this one has better hardware, same OS (only 64 bit instead now). You could TRY to get a different video card, this game isnt the latest, greatest thing out there but it is rather demanding, I'd also suggest some more ram if you can do it.

Plenty of users still have XP and play this game absolutely fine, I see low ram and I see a bad videoard as his culprits. As with any OS, it's easy to blame them for the faults, my old notebook had Vista and it barely did anything right, this one has better hardware, same OS (only 64 bit instead now). You could TRY to get a different video card, this game isnt the latest, greatest thing out there but it is rather demanding, I'd also suggest some more ram if you can do it.

Well in that case, you could, initially, blame your OS considering how many problems Vista had in its infancy. However, by SP1 and more so SP2, Vista actually turned out pretty stable, although drivers were still a pita at times.

Ehh not quite, The comp made it to SP1 I know for sure, SP2 I can't say with any degree of accuracy if I dumped it by the time that came along, but I believe it made it to SP2 as well, it just had the crappy intel graphics along with other components that were just flat out junk, as opposed to this one that has much better components making for a much better experience, especially with games. 64 Bit is the only tail biter on some apps since they simply won't install under it.

Guest nbrown8568

Yes you have a good point but ATI cards are over priced and not even worth it. An XP Would run it like shit anyways. I Have an XP and it can barley run EM3.

I run Win XP and it was a little slow, :cheers-mate: Xplorer gave me a link to the proper driver seeing as eMachines was no help. It now runs a little faster, and my next step is memory and it will be like new money.

Norm,