Guest surfer1248

IRQL_NOT_LESS_OR_EQUAL Error

Guest surfer1248

Hello, I recently bought Emergency 4 and I've been enjoying it alot, but sometimes I get this blue screen saying "IRQL_NOT_LESS_OR_EQUAL" and a few more things but I can't read the rest because the computer shutdown right after it happens. I've got this error 3 times, I did a research and found that the most common cause is the memory or the video drivers. Does anybody have any useful information about this ? I would really appreciate.

By the way, here are my system specs:

Intel Core i5 750 2.66Ghz

Motherboard Intel DH55TC

4gb RAM DDR3

ATI Radeon HD 4550 1gb

Windows 7 (32 bit)

Thanks

Hello, I recently bought Emergency 4 and I've been enjoying it alot, but sometimes I get this blue screen saying "IRQL_NOT_LESS_OR_EQUAL" and a few more things but I can't read the rest because the computer shutdown right after it happens. I've got this error 3 times, I did a research and found that the most common cause is the memory or the video drivers. Does anybody have any useful information about this ? I would really appreciate.

By the way, here are my system specs:

Intel Core i5 750 2.66Ghz

Motherboard Intel DH55TC

4gb RAM DDR3

ATI Radeon HD 4550 1gb

Windows 7 (32 bit)

Thanks

4 GB Ram...doesnt tell us anything. Are we talking cheap junk ram like OCZ, cheap but quality value ram like say Crucial, or good quality high end ram like Corsair. Also did you let windows install your drivers or have you done them your self?

I'll try changing my video drivers to an older version, I don't think the problem is the memory because my computer is new and I never had any problems. Thanks for the help!

I doubt video card drivers are the problem. Blue screens are usually hardware related and this error is commonly a ram problem. It doesnt matter if your ram is a day old or a year old, sh!t happens and parts break. Also have you modified the timings of the RAM in the bios? If not perhaps you need to adjust the timings and voltages manually. If you have edited them make sure there right.

You also should consider switching to Windows 7 x64 as your holding back your system.

Guest surfer1248

My RAM memory is 2x Kingston 2gb DDR3 1333Mhz. I can't really tell you about the drivers installation because it was a friend of mine who did all these things for me. I didn't modify anything in the bios, I'm not an expert in computers so I try to not mess with this kind of thing. About the video drivers, I don't know if they were causing this, but since I changed them, the error didn't show up again. I'll keep playing and see what happens.

IRQ errors with BSoD are hardware failures 90% of the time.

Make sure your pc/ram/video card isn't overheating. & Make sure that you are sure everything is compatible...

Video ram could also be the problem. Or even a paging file mis-calculation causing a hardware fail.

TROOPER