DuxburyFD

Man running Amok

Police special-forces in Biel switzerland have a man down with a shot in the Head in the university hospital of Berne.

A man Barrikiaded himself in his home with a rifle because his house was to be sold at auction because he doesn't pay taxes. He fist shot a police officer 48 hours ago but last night also heavily injured another in the head.

The man is 67 and still at large. Police and Military are searching nationwide for him.

post-6471-050372300 1284115270.jpg

post-6471-009513400 1284115281.jpg

"near death" is so subjective, if you went by the reported incidents in this particular state, even a TC or a Flesh wound results in a Medivac for all LEOS, IMO you do not belong in shock trauma if you can manage to be released the very same evening... But it's how they do things around these parts. Very Very ungodly rarely does a LEO actually get injured in ssuch a manner as to warrent the Medivac and shock trauma visits...

As for the shooting deal, I guarentee you far more civies are shot per year than LEOs are, sadly there is a sort of smeh attitude with all the injured/wounded out there for lack of "newsworthy" status, a normal schmuck esp a low level gang member or something will be lucky to get a 30 second spot on the news unless he's fatally shot.

As for the incident in question I'm sure it'll come out later he was flat broke (As most elderly are) and reached the end of his sanity as a result of the prospect of losing the only "connection" to a meaningful life he currently has, that being his home. At his age the psychology comes down to "what can I do? I lose my home I don't have the time or ability to "start over" subsequently, dperession sets in and then unfortunately the system kinda treats people like exactly what they are to gov. Nothing more than a Case number to be addressed, not a person, which just exaserbates the person's feelings of alienation, resulting in this type of break.

The police officers were but collateral damage as they interdicted in his lunacy, in his eyes he probrably was "defending" his own end, true or not it is irrelevent but it's most likely his mentality. Hopefully the officers will recover and move on with their lives in a recovered state.

Remember there are two sides to every incident and unless one cares to understand both, and be properly educated on both, you're destined to fall upon the same types of incidents over and over again.

"Those who fail to learn from history are destined to repeat it"