zmh3

Civ Cars in Emergency Cars

There have been others who have been doing similar things, but i want to do something a little different. I want to take some civilian cars, (Tahoe, Audi, F350) and mod them into emergency vehicles. I was going to reskin them but the DDS converter wouldn't work. So here's my questions:

How do i make a vehicle like the black chevy tahoe into 4 separate entities, the secret service, the FBI, the civilian, and the Unmarked LAPD (the one i want to make)?

How do i add a light bar? Is it possible with the "children" tab in the editor?

I can edit lights and traits, and i can always compare with other vehicles, but is there anything else i should know?

If you don't mind using the exact same model and paint job, its easy to have four different vehicles with the same shape and colour. All that's required is making a new prototype. My recomendation would be to copy the FBI Tahoe, and put it into the directory you want (most likely you'll want 03 LA Police). Then name your new prototype, something easy generally works best for me, so, as you want an LAPD Unmarked Tahoe, I'd suggest something like 03 LA Police/tahoe_lapd_unmarked.e4p. Then you can edit the lights, traits, etc, and the wheels and doors will be there. That's the easiest possible way to make multiple vehicles from one model. I hope this helps, and if you need more help, feel free to pm me :)

Cheers,

Eli