Guest nbrown8568

Thinking About New Graphics Card

First this isnt really an EM4 technical issue.

Display Tab 1: The system is using the generic video driver. Please install video driver provided by the hardware manufacturer. Direct3D functionality not available. You should verify that the driver is a final version from the hardware manufacturer.

Second thing is, installing a real driver. You wont see huge performance gain but it will be better written.

Third, with a P4 processor your options are limited. A$100 card like the one billy posted will be about what your limited to before you get the point the CPU will be holding back the video card, and even as it is your held back some what.

Fourth it looks like you have an Intel video processor. These are absolute junk.

The fifth :

http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16814102871

Get this card, its cheaper then the GT 240 with similar performance for over $20 cheaper. Its an ATI card so generally speaking they run cooler, and draw less power. Plus, if you ever update to Windows 7, you can take advantage of DX11 while the 240 is running DX10.1. The 5650 I listed is all around the better buy.

Last but not least, get more memory. Your running 500MB out of a possible 2GB.

http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16820145505

You could pick up 2 of these sticks.

Guest nbrown8568

First this isnt really an EM4 technical issue.

Second thing is, installing a real driver. You wont see huge performance gain but it will be better written.

Third, with a P4 processor your options are limited. A$100 card like the one billy posted will be about what your limited to before you get the point the CPU will be holding back the video card, and even as it is your held back some what.

Fourth it looks like you have an Intel video processor. These are absolute junk.

The fifth :

http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16814102871

Get this card, its cheaper then the GT 240 with similar performance for over $20 cheaper. Its an ATI card so generally speaking they run cooler, and draw less power. Plus, if you ever update to Windows 7, you can take advantage of DX11 while the 240 is running DX10.1. The 5650 I listed is all around the better buy.

Last but not least, get more memory. Your running 500MB out of a possible 2GB.

http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16820145505

You could pick up 2 of these sticks.

Thanx Billy,

I did not mean plug and play, sorry.

Thanx Xplorer,

Sorry about the wrong forum (can the moderators move this to the correct forum, thanx). Tech support at eMachines say that they don't recognize the serial number of my pc, so they can not get me the proper driver. When I download the driver that is suppose to be the right one, it still says I am using a generic driver. School semester just started, so with my refund I will be getting more memory I will get the 5650 vid card. I don't want to throw this pc out the window just yet.

Guest nbrown8568

Keep us posted. Also, I would not suggest installing PRL. The added lighting can be harsh on the computer, and make sure your video settings, in game, are on low.

I am so happy, just like a kid at christmas with a new toy. I had been playing on my Acer netbook w/9" screen. I am still not savvy on changing files just yet, so I will just stick to L.A. Mod, AUS, and I will try your mod. Thanks for all the help you have given me. I will definitly keep everyone updated. Cheers :holdglass::grinsevil:

Norm,