shadowzuziz

Windows 7 problem

so I installed 911/FR on my WIndows 7 desktop and i want to edit somethings for example change the alarm in LA Mod and put the New York submod in it but i cant seem to get the 911/FR file i cant find it but i can play the game

Hi, the windows 7 file structure directory is a lot different than the previous OS systems made by microsoft. Try this directory in your system,

C:\Program Files (x86)\WizardWorks\911 - First Responders\Mods

thats where mine was installed and located on my hard drive automatically by windows 7 .

Hi, the windows 7 file structure directory is a lot different than the previous OS systems made by microsoft.

That has absolutely nothing to do with Windows 7. That has been there since the Windows XP days but not many people adopted Windows XP x64(64bit) because the driver support just wasnt there. Vista was different Vista saw a lot of driver support for x64 systems, and now with Win 7 x64 is really starting to hit mainstream. Now if you ever use Windows XP x66 or Vista x64 you will find the exact same directory structure. The reason programs install to Program Files x86, is because there programed for Windows 32 bit(x86) not Windows 64 bit(x64). Since there 32 bit apps they cant take advantages of a 64 bit OS, which is mainly greater memory bandwidth allowing the system to support a full 4GB of RAM which 32 bit systems can not. None the less 32 bit apps will work fine in a 64 bit environment 99% of the time.

That has absolutely nothing to do with Windows 7. That has been there since the Windows XP days but not many people adopted Windows XP x64(64bit) because the driver support just wasnt there. Vista was different Vista saw a lot of driver support for x64 systems, and now with Win 7 x64 is really starting to hit mainstream. Now if you ever use Windows XP x66 or Vista x64 you will find the exact same directory structure. The reason programs install to Program Files x86, is because there programed for Windows 32 bit(x86) not Windows 64 bit(x64). Since there 32 bit apps they cant take advantages of a 64 bit OS, which is mainly greater memory bandwidth allowing the system to support a full 4GB of RAM which 32 bit systems can not. None the less 32 bit apps will work fine in a 64 bit environment 99% of the time.

yea sorry, he has the more detailed explanation and i was wrong to say that so i apologize.sorrysign.gif