Guest michalkacer

Game crashes in freeplay

Guest michalkacer

When playing Freeplay mode, after a while an error occures and the game crashes. The error is something like this:

Microsoft Visual C++ Runtime Library

Runtime Error!

Program: C:\Program Files\sixteen tons entertainment\Emergency 4\Em4.exe

abnormal program termination

I tried updating my graphics driver, but when I launched the game then, there was an other error - something with OpenGL. So I uninstalled the new driver.

DxDiag.txt

Any kind of help will be good. Thanks

First off you should be running atleast 2GB of RAM, your running a little over 1GB.

Second you might try a different driver. Not the newest one, but not the one you have from 2003. That driver was developed something like 3 years before EM4 was ever released. It might be time for a new PC, as your running some pretty ancient hardware there.

Hi i am having this same issue and i have a 6 month old computer. An Asus GofR  I7 NIVIDIA GeForce 860m windows 8.1 12 Gb ram. Im running the Mayberry v1.3 mod when this happens. I have not messed with any of the drivers or anything. Can someone help me out thank you. Also attached my log file.

logfile.zip

Hi i am having this same issue and i have a 6 month old computer. An Asus GofR  I7 NIVIDIA GeForce 860m windows 8.1 12 Gb ram. Im running the Mayberry v1.3 mod when this happens. I have not messed with any of the drivers or anything. Can someone help me out thank you. Also attached my log file.

First issue, no you are not running a GeForce 860, your switchable graphics is not configured to run on the nvidia card with this game, it is using your intel card.

Init Scriptscheduler...!Graphics system: Intel Intel(R) HD Graphics 4600

I am not sure of your system specs as you did not publish your directx diagnosis as well.  The rest of the issues I saw within the logfile were related to defects from the mod it's self having flaws in it.  Being that I did not create the mod I can't specifically tell you what is wrong with it, in the end the mod developers will have to resolve those bugs themselves.  Your game was attempting repeatedly to load through the errors at the time of fault. Either way though you need to configure your game to use your nvidia card and not the intel integrated card as it currently is doing.  Configure the switchable graphics to always use the higher end card (high performance is usually the setting).

I have AMD so my system works a bit different, assuming yours does indeed have switchable graphics and includes the nvidia card you say it does (don't have your DX diag so I can't verify that)..

To change from integrated to nvidia:

First - Go to nvidia icon in the bottom right hand corner of your desktop, then open the nvidia control panel. Or if you do not have that icon, or using windows 8, open the control panel and then navigate to hardware and sound where the nvidia control panel should then be. Or, right click on a space within the desktop and it should be an option from the drop down menu.

Second - When you open nvidia control panel, go to manage 3D settings under the 3D settings portion on the left side of the control panel. Then on the right hand side, click on program settings tab, and it should give you the option to select a program to customize, select the option add.

Third - The list of programs that appears shouldbe able to find em 4 in that list, however if it does not, just direct it towards the .exe of the game within the game's folders. When you have choosen the em4 program, it should then appear as the game to customize under number 1.

Fourth - Under number 2 where it says select the preferred graphics processor for this program, choose the nvidia processor, rather than the integrated. Now when you run the game it will choose that card rather than the integrated.

Can't say for sure this works, but it should work as it does on the AMD setup, on the old nvidia I had the nvidia control panel was accessable by right clicking on your desktop and picking it out of the drop-down menu.

I have AMD so my system works a bit different, assuming yours does indeed have switchable graphics and includes the nvidia card you say it does (don't have your DX diag so I can't verify that)..

To change from integrated to nvidia:

First - Go to nvidia icon in the bottom right hand corner of your desktop, then open the nvidia control panel. Or if you do not have that icon, or using windows 8, open the control panel and then navigate to hardware and sound where the nvidia control panel should then be. Or, right click on a space within the desktop and it should be an option from the drop down menu.

Second - When you open nvidia control panel, go to manage 3D settings under the 3D settings portion on the left side of the control panel. Then on the right hand side, click on program settings tab, and it should give you the option to select a program to customize, select the option add.

Third - The list of programs that appears shouldbe able to find em 4 in that list, however if it does not, just direct it towards the .exe of the game within the game's folders. When you have choosen the em4 program, it should then appear as the game to customize under number 1.

Fourth - Under number 2 where it says select the preferred graphics processor for this program, choose the nvidia processor, rather than the integrated. Now when you run the game it will choose that card rather than the integrated.

Can't say for sure this works, but it should work as it does on the AMD setup, on the old nvidia I had the nvidia control panel was accessable by right clicking on your desktop and picking it out of the drop-down menu.

Mikey the directions you gave were spot on!!!! Thank you so much. i never knew that it ran this way i figured it ran nvidia by default