Guest justwannaplay

Crash after start

Guest justwannaplay

Just installed the game. Immediately crashes after double clicking icon. I manually went through device manager and updated the driver. I tried configuring some of the options recommended through the Nvidia control panel after selecting the game and applying changes. I also tried downloading the em4.cfg file and replacing the existing file. I don't have any codecs or k-lite. I don't have the logfile.txt, I recall reading a method to manually create one, I tried but was denied permission to save.

I at least have the dxdiag...

Figured it out- I'm running Vista btw. I right clicked the game icon and selected "run as administrator" and it works! Downloading LA mod now.

DxDiag.txt

Edited by justwannaplay

I manually went through device manager and updated the driver.

Doesnt work that way. You need to go to nvidia website directly. In most cases device manager does not find up to date drivers because there not on microsofts server(i suppose). So if you have another CTD, make sure to go to nvidias site and download drivers from there as your dxdiag shows there about a year old.

Guest justwannaplay

Doesnt work that way. You need to go to nvidia website directly. In most cases device manager does not find up to date drivers because there not on microsofts server(i suppose). So if you have another CTD, make sure to go to nvidias site and download drivers from there as your dxdiag shows there about a year old.

I don't know. Here is the link to the most recent update for my card.

http://www.nvidia.com/object/geforce_notebook_winvista_win7_64bit_179.48_beta.html

It was released 02/09. My current version is newer at 06/09.