EM4life

The Tiller...

:machkaputt: I understand there are many patches that fix the tiller and it's explosion issue but I apparently make an exception. I recently noticed my tiller exploding when it get's near a fire... not like 5 feet close, I mean like two lanes of traffic close. Now don't tell me to, "Go download the patch, it fixes the ploblem, case closed" because I'm running 2.0.3 so I've got the latest patch. I just want a script from someone who's tiller doesn't explode, or someone to point out the line to edit in which script to fix the problem. Thank you for you time...

I am pretty sure you know how to use the editor so I am not going to go step by step, but to sum it up, edit the traits for the tiller. Now check the material in the bottom left corner. It should say something like Emvehichle3 or Emvehichle3b. If you cant figure it out check about 2 or 3 pages back in the bugs topic, or my submod topic. The exact material is listed there. You can use the search at the top right to search a thread.

Anyways check that and well if you have the correct setting, I have no idea. The tiller cant be fixed by a script. There nothing in a script that says the tiller is invincible. Its all in the material. If thats already correct, then sorry, I have no idea. :-/

Guest Francis

The trailer in does not have any commands. I tried to add the redirect command to it, and failed. I think it is due to the length of the trailer, the redirect barrier(which is invisible) is not far enough back.

Simple fix ^

Guest Francis

In LADirectionalLights.script, find:

float dx = -100.f, dy = 0.f, dz = 0.f;

MAKE SURE IT IS THE SECOND ONE.

Replace with:

// Let's fix our friend tiller.
if (StrCompare(v.GetPrototypeFileName(), "mod:Prototypes/Vehicles/02 LA Fire Department/tiller_trailer.e4p") == 0 || StrCompare(v.GetPrototypeFileName(), "mod:Prototypes/Vehicles/02 LA Fire Department/tiller_trailer_installed.e4p") == 0)
dx = -200.f;

Save, assign the command to the trailer and the installed trailer.

:machkaputt: I understand there are many patches that fix the tiller and it's explosion issue but I apparently make an exception. I recently noticed my tiller exploding when it get's near a fire... not like 5 feet close, I mean like two lanes of traffic close. Now don't tell me to, "Go download the patch, it fixes the ploblem, case closed" because I'm running 2.0.3 so I've got the latest patch. I just want a script from someone who's tiller doesn't explode, or someone to point out the line to edit in which script to fix the problem. Thank you for you time...

where did you get 2.0.3

In LADirectionalLights.script, find:

MAKE SURE IT IS THE SECOND ONE.

Replace with:

// Let's fix our friend tiller.
if (StrCompare(v.GetPrototypeFileName(), "mod:Prototypes/Vehicles/02 LA Fire Department/tiller_trailer.e4p") == 0 || StrCompare(v.GetPrototypeFileName(), "mod:Prototypes/Vehicles/02 LA Fire Department/tiller_trailer_installed.e4p") == 0)
dx = -200.f;

Didnt work for me Francis.

Save, assign the command to the trailer and the installed trailer.

Thanks captin obvious..the quotes got messed up but notice the part that was not originally in Francis' post:

Didnt work for me Francis.

Oh, well when you add it into the middle of a quote I'm never going to see it...thanx for telling me...