matte31

Rescue/medic heli sim/game ?

Guest krst6954

I have that game, but its kinda strange to control etc, the trottle doesnt work ( i have a joystick) , its nothing wrong with the joystick , the controls are just strange.

I dont know how to configure it right.

Unfortunately I played the game a long time and I do not remember how you can fix it :(

Have you tried Simcopter? It was made in 1996 so even a intel graphics chip of todays standard should play something like this lol. It's fun but it was a 16 bit game so it will not run on 64 bit windows, only 32 bit, and even then it is so old its hard to say how well it can run.

Have you tried Simcopter? It was made in 1996 so even a intel graphics chip of todays standard should play something like this lol. It's fun but it was a 16 bit game so it will not run on 64 bit windows, only 32 bit, and even then it is so old its hard to say how well it can run.

I maybe try it out today :) is it just regular helicopters or both?

Hi, can anyone recommend any good Rescue helicopter or Medevac simulators or games of course. I have tryed FSX and FS9 but none of them are that good when it comes to helicopters. I want a quite good game that dont take too much grapics etc.

FSX with Acceleration Expansion Pack gives you a lot more heli missions. Evac, anti-drug, S&R, transport, cargo transport and much more. The base game is a bit boring for helicopters, but the expansion gives you a lot more.

FSX with Acceleration Expansion Pack gives you a lot more heli missions. Evac, anti-drug, S&R, transport, cargo transport and much more. The base game is a bit boring for helicopters, but the expansion gives you a lot more.

My computer cant handle FSX well.. too bad for me :(

Simcopter is one of the best heli sim games created. There are a large variety of missions such as fires, medical pickups, runaway trains, car crash, etc. You got paid for each successful mission, and there were also minor incidents that you could deal with for some small cash - I know there are at least 3, but I only remember speeding vehicles which you could follow and use the loud speaker to force them to slow down.

IIRC, the game has a lot of difficultly working on XP and probably doesn't even work on Vista/7. I'm gonna go find out :)

There's also City Crisis on the PS2. It had about 3-4 helicopters featured in the game and basically had 3 different missions: Rescue people from burning buildings, extinguish burning buildings and aid police in pursuing a suspect. (Sadly, it wasn't all a big open city with missions coming at random, you selected them from the main menu)

Fire could also spread throughout the building which made it quite fun and quick paced. The graphics weren't the best for it's time, but it did feature a medium sized city to fly around (which you didn't see much of since you had to focus on the mission, but using cheats allowed you time to explore). Controls weren't very good though, and there weren't many missions either. Kinda a time waster game tbh.

There was also Air Ranger and Air Ranger 2 for PS2 aswell. They had decent graphics but I think the maps were far smaller than City Crisis, as the game focused on the immediate area of the mission, rather than whatever was 5 miles away.

But Simcopter has too bad graphics

No it doesn't. It has good graphics for a game that's 14 years old. The graphics old, yes, but they're not bad.