eggcarton

LA Mod Siren Submod

56 members have voted

1. 1. Can hear the difference between a 80k and a PA300, a Smart Siren and a Whelen?

• Yes, make this
    • They all sound the same to me

I was thinking about creating a small siren submod, with more realistic sirens for mainly the police. I will do some research into what sirens that they use

Some features I was thinking of are

• Federal Signal PA500 (BB100) for CHP
  • Random siren on LAPD & LASD cruisers (Either Unitrol 80K, Touchmaster Delta, MS4000 or SmartSiren)
  • Airhorns when coming up to traffic (Although it will be the same airhorn for vehicles if I include this
  • Rumblers (If used by any departments)

Every time I use a police vehicle I am constantly noticing that the CHP doesn't have the right siren, and all the cars have the same siren and it being a MS4000 over a Unitrol or SS.

If anyone has anymore information about what they use then please let me know here

Well Im not sure you can get any more realistic sirens unless LAPD and other LEO departments have recently updated. I have been doing alot of research and talking to BillyFromHill in regards to things that are out of date in the mod. The only thing I found was the Ambulance sirens. They originally used Timberwolf, sirens, then switched to high-lo like in the mod, and now use EQ2B. Acording to Mikesphotos, the EQ2B very closely resembles a regular Federal Q like that used on most US Fire Trucks. So the only thing that really calls for is switching the ambulance over to the same sirens as the fire trucks in the siren script.

Now thats not to say you couldnt switch up the sirens to different patterns, but technically the sirens are pretty real according to Mikesphotos. Mikesphotos once said to me that LA is simply not an exciting place in terms of different sirens.

Mikes guide documents some siren info:

Hope that helps.

I was watching videos, thats how I came up with the sirens that I posted above.

Eg. I was watching a video of multiple LASD units responding. There were mainly Smart Sirens but there was a MS4000 in with them aswell or a pursuit with CHP and LAPD, CHP had their own PA500's and one had a MS4000 while the LAPD had a Touchmaster. Even if they were slightly older or newer, there are still multiple sirens that are used there and even though they may not be installing new sirens into the vehicles at that moment, there will still be existing ones on the street.

Well I suppose I should say primarily. I am sure not every single car has the same siren as what is standard for that department as some are likley reserve cars and they do not have budget to update the sirens so long as the siren works. Im just passing along what the experts himself, Mikesphotos has said. Of course that was awhile ago, but I asked billy recently, and got the same answer that it seemed like the sirens are up to date other then the RAs.

Personally I am all for the submod, dont get me wrong. I just dont know that you can get the sirens more realistic but more submods are always a good thing. ;)

Kind of OT, but whats the name of those sirens that sound like an old dial up modem combined with something from star wars? lol.

Kind of OT, but whats the name of those sirens that sound like an old dial up modem combined with something from star wars? lol.

Do you mean the Sweep/Scan tones on the Federal Signal Unitrol series sirens?

I am not 100% sure but there might be a Californian regulation the restricts the usage of these tones :)