TacticalRooster22

Audio Stuff...

It's me again! I want to record sirens off of YouTube videos, but I don't know a program. I thought there was a topic about this before, but I searched and couldn't find it. Yes, I Googled it, too. I just want to find a website where I could just plug in the URL and the video will be converted to .wav format. ;)

If you use firefox just get Download Helper Add on and you can download the files to your hard drive. If its an FLV file you can use FLVExtract to extract the audio and video in to separate files. I forget if the audio will come out as MP3 or WAV, might depend on the file. If its an MP4 you can use Yamb to extract the audio and video to separate files(1 for audio and 1 for video) then run the audio through Audicity to convert it to a Mono WAV file.

To each there own but this method does help preserve some quality,which is important imo because your taking audio from a lossy file type and converting it to a lossles audio file type, which in theory is absolutely pointless the devs should have used mp3 because in this sake, your taking compressed audio and encoding it to an uncompressed(higher quality) file type. Sorry for the tech rant :P Anyways in theory, may result in a smaller file size which will in return cause faster loading time depending on file size difference.

Guest miked9372

If you use firefox just get Download Helper Add on and you can download the files to your hard drive. If its an FLV file you can use FLVExtract to extract the audio and video in to separate files. I forget if the audio will come out as MP3 or WAV, might depend on the file. If its an MP4 you can use Yamb to extract the audio and video to separate files(1 for audio and 1 for video) then run the audio through Audicity to convert it to a Mono WAV file.

which "download helper"? i typed it in and their is more than one

Okay, so I used zamzar.com to convert the video into a .wav file. I downloaded nd renamed it to Siren02 and put it in my LA MOD folder with all the sirens. I started the game, clicked the siren button on my fire truck. Siren01 worked fine, but Siren02 came up silent. The file's 27.3MB, so I can't upload it. :(

Any idea of what I should download to delete parts of the audio that's free? I wouldn't know which program to use IF i Googled it. :gruebel:

Hint, it was already mentioned..

Okay, so I used zamzar.com to convert the video into a .wav file. I downloaded nd renamed it to Siren02 and put it in my LA MOD folder with all the sirens. I started the game, clicked the siren button on my fire truck. Siren01 worked fine, but Siren02 came up silent. The file's 27.3MB, so I can't upload it. :(

Did you follow my instructions where i mentioned it has to be a mono, not stereo file.