dtmdragon

Tiller as part of light force dispatched by Battalion chief when no vehicals are available on the map

Hi guys,

I’ve replaced my aerial ladder truck with the Tiller in my freeplay game.

However I want the Tiller to be dispatched as part of the light force that is brought and dispatched from off the map when there are no light force units available on the map and you use the Battalion chief to call for a light force.

So I was hoping someone might have already done this by editing the Battalion chief script and could let me know what to change?

Cheers,

Dan.

Well we cant actually do it for you because we dont know what your scripts look like. If you edited VOs(virtual objects) etc. I suspect if you managed to make the edit yourself, then you can fix the LABattalionChief.script to send the tiller as part of the light force.

You might find this topic of use as well:

Good luck and if you need more help then be sure to provide the scripts as well ;)

If you used the files that Hoppah provides in that topic you shouldn't have any problems.

Cheers guys,

I´ve had issues with the moding of my scripts so I now have a fresh, patched LA mod install with no changes.

I have tried changing the script myself and keep mucking it up, so based on having the standared LA mod with no changes to the script what would I need to change in the LA Battalion chiefs script to get the tiller in my light force? If someones doesn't mind helping out and hopfully I´ll be able to pick up what I need to know to do this kind of thing myself.

Cheers again,

Dan.

Soem things need to be set in the editor, and the unit.xml file for that unit. Some like Flashbangs(i think) are only able to be done by the XML because they were added by Hoppah and not present in the original game.

To get the unit.xml file to units->vehicles->police,fire or ems-> then find the folder that refers to that unit.

Nope, nothing needs to be changed in there but you have a good point that I forgot to mention. Some equipment does require script edits, but I cant recall which off hand.

I have made the changes to the unit xml file but that only stops it showing up in the list of equipment each unit has before you buy it in the side of the screen unit menu. The firefighters are still able to get the piece of equipment from the ladder truck. It's the cutters/jaws of life I am trying to remove.

The EM4 equipment has to be removed in the editor. The unit.xml file only modifies the the equipment shown in the calling menu.

The LA mod equipment requires scripting changes.

As for calling units, just make sure the VO is large enough for the tiller in the editor. The script calls whatever is in the VO, and if the tiller doesn't fit it won't work.

I have made the changes to the unit xml file but that only stops it showing up in the list of equipment each unit has before you buy it in the side of the screen unit menu. The firefighters are still able to get the piece of equipment from the ladder truck. It's the cutters/jaws of life I am trying to remove.

And I quote my earlier post:

Some things need to be set in the editor, and the unit.xml file for that unit.