trainwatcher1993

Game doesn't start

Ok, so a couple of days ago, I got Windows 7 Professional. I installed 911 FR, and the Los Angeles mod. So I went to click the shortcut on my desktop, and it fires up like its going to play, then comes straight back to the desktop. I also can't find any record files and I've tried making one that the game can read to, but it can't get anything before the game crashes. So, do my drivers need to be updated? If so, how would I do that. Just need some help.

Thanks in advance.

Check the pinned topics at the top of the forum. Answers in there.

Ok, this is going to sound stupid, but I have no idea what kind of graphics card I have, it came stock with the computer, and the computer is a Dell Dimension C521 Tower. So how would I find that, because I looked at the details of my computer, and I see things like what type of program I have and the processor, and I'm running 32 bit, if that does anything for this.

Ok, this is going to sound stupid, but I have no idea what kind of graphics card I have, it came stock with the computer, and the computer is a Dell Dimension C521 Tower. So how would I find that, because I looked at the details of my computer, and I see things like what type of program I have and the processor, and I'm running 32 bit, if that does anything for this.

So how would I find out??

Awesome it worked! But now, when I installed the LA Mod, i see a wrench where the logo is supposed to be on the Modification section, so it froze then I thought it installed, so I went to freeplay, it loaded the normal freeplay then crashed to the desktop, so should I try a re-install?

Awesome it worked! But now, when I installed the LA Mod, i see a wrench where the logo is supposed to be on the Modification section, so it froze then I thought it installed, so I went to freeplay, it loaded the normal freeplay then crashed to the desktop, so should I try a re-install?

Yes, reinstall and the mod should work.

Make sure you install the mod by double clicking on the exe file. It will put the files in the proper place.

I did the re-install and I still get the wrench where the picture should be. The game does the standard pause but its faster then usual. I go to the Campaign, it says MISSION 21-MISSION 30. Then I go to Freeplay, it loads the standard then crashes, same thing with Campaign. Also, the game has no logfile to upload, and when I try to create one, the game doesn't write to it, Ive tried that about 3 times.

Clear your cache and cookies then try to redownload the mod. If it still has problems then i suspect the file got corrupted during the recent forums problems.

Yeah, the file must be corrupted, because I did that, and it still came out corrupted, also tried it on IE and its still the same. So the file must be corrupted.